Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 320
Pillar of the Community
United States
630 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2008  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Elimist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had the day off work the other day, and it just so happen to also be the day my kennedy rolls came in. So I thought I'd really coin up the day and go to the shop as well.

I picked up 11 different canadian cents for my albums. Also a british Half Cent and a commerative canadian quarter.

For american coins I picked up a bicentennial quarter proof silver (4$), a bicentennial half proof silver (7$), a 1974 S eisenhower proof silver(6$). I got them at pretty good deals I think. Very pristine proof coins. Oh, and I also got a 1980 proof SBA because I didn't have a proof SBA yet. It was also like six bucks or something.

Oh, and nothing from my Kennedy halves. One thousands dollars of non NIFC clad.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2008  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add libertyhead to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked up 2 blast white ms 64+ 1957 +1957-D Rosies
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2008  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The proof SBA I just got for my girlfriend cost me $5.00......and I kinda wish "I" had it ! LoL Ha Ha .....it's a very beautiful mirror/like finish indeed.......sooo purty !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2008  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorgansRmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Treated myself to this today. Bought it as a VAM 65, but after closer inspection I'm not convinced.

Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2008  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeathJr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well today for my birthday present to myself I got 1866,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74 Shield nickels these babies grade a solid Fine mayby even an Extra fine and ran me 179.87 I kinda hurt myself over the price but well worth it. And next week will be working on getting 75-83
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2008  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kceb10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
picked up a MS 1934-p, MS 1939-D Washington quarters $30 for both, a handfull of war time nickels for $.60 each, and a 1970 mint set for $20
Pillar of the Community
United States
1582 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2008  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ralph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought these three Barber halves recently - fillers. They ain't no real beauties, and they didn't cost a whole lot which is understandable given their condition, but all three are semi-key dates, andI've been needing all three forever - gotta fill them holes!

Ralph

Pillar of the Community
United States
578 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2008  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mklpatrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ralph, I think I would regard those as KEY dates in that series...no semi about it. Expecially that first one!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1582 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2008  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ralph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I suppose they could be considered key date coins in the series. I've got them all in a wide variety of grades except for the 1892-O, and it's my understanding that the 1892-O is THE key date, and the rest were down a rung on the ladder.
Y'know, what puzzles me is that mintage for the 1914 Barber Half was only 124,230 and, yet, it is valued (in a similar grade as these) far below these earlier dates/mintmarks - same with the 1915 (138,000) and the 1913 (188,000). Has anyone else wondered about this? I sure would like to get some feedback on this subject.

Ralph

Pillar of the Community
United States
1582 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2008  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ralph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I'd post my 1979 P SBA Dollar - Wide Rim/Near Date. It's the one on the left in the scan. I posted the 1979 P Narrow Rim/Far Date along with it to show the difference to those unfamilar with the series.

Ralph

Pillar of the Community
United States
1582 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2008  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ralph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops! - forgot to mention that I just recently got the wide rim/near date - had the other one for quite awhile.

Ralph
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2008  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ralf.......

Nice pick ups !....

Beautiful thread here !!....luvn' it !.....

Edited by eaglefoot
07/21/2008 10:02 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5820 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2008  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought at the Bryan College Station Coin show July 20th Texas.
The pickings were slim with mostly G and AG coins this was the highest overall grade at the show for My series. Could not leave without buying something.
If only I collected Morgans which is pretty much all I see at shows theses days

Cleaned Pitted but still a nicer example. Tying out some of Superdave's Tricks to try and improve my poor Photography skills.

Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2008  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KurtS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that 1871 2c

I picked this up recently from a small-town shop. I suppose unless you collect Aus predecimal you would miss the significance of this halfpenny. Next down from the 1923, it's a key at 720K minted. The pics don't exactly do the coin justice--it's probably my best 1/2d.

Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2008  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JonS.7070 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well today I got another call from someone that I have created a relationship with through craigs list. I bought 5 1 oz. rounds of silver, 2 grams of gold, 9 walkimg liberty halves, 1 merc. dime, 3 silver rosie dimes, 1 1943 quarter, 1 2003 silver proof quarter, 1 1874 Indian Head cent appx. G-4, and a 1963 proof set in the acetate or whatever type of plastic it is. All for 150$ I was most excited about the proof set and the Indian Head cent!
Page: of 320 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05