Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,503 / Views: 413,889Next Topic
Page: of 367
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone has been busy. Some very nice additions all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent pick up. I think it is a V-17A or possibly 17C. Hard to tell. It has characteristics of both. Leaning towards 17A. These were sellers pics(scans?).

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
Edited by JJuliano
01/19/2021 07:44 am
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4007 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Raw. VAM 1E. Practicing picture taking too.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
Edited by JJuliano
01/23/2021 11:49 am
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New pickup from the LCS, got a great deal and picked up 4 others. I'll get those imaged soon hopefully

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5289 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@PNWType: Can you provide a zoomed in view of the "1925 / We Trust" area of the Vancouver half dollar and another centered on McLoughlin's shoulder? I'd like to take a closer look at the details - I have some initial concerns about the piece, but I can't tell enough from the current images.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Raw. VAM 1E. Practicing picture taking too.
Looking good!

Quote:
New pickup from the LCS, got a great deal and picked up 4 others. I'll get those imaged soon hopefully
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2245 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Redlock sent me some more German climate coins yesterday.

Subtropical A and D mints. I have learned that each coin is minted at 1 of 5 mints and each has a slightly different colour ring on it!

Thanks to Redlock, I now have all 5 of the Subtropical coins.

In all he has sent me 11 of these coins including a scarce 2017 Tropical coin!

Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  03:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can you provide a zoomed in view of the "1925 / We Trust" area of the Vancouver half dollar and another centered on McLoughlin's shoulder? I'd like to take a closer look at the details - I have some initial concerns about the piece, but I can't tell enough from the current images.

@Commems my heart sure sank when I read that. I've taken some new photos, these should show the areas you need. It's a phone camera through a loupe, I can take more if these aren't clear enough. I appreciate you for looking out for me

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5289 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@PNWType: Thanks for the additional images. I still can't be sure - the surfaces of the piece seem very rough to me and the shape of some of the letters/numbers does not seem correct. These can be signs of the piece being counterfeit. There are known counterfeits of the Vancouver with rough surfaces and lettering that is not as sharp as on a genuine coin.

Can the discrepancies be the result of wear? Image artifacts? Prior mishandling? Yes, but I would want to investigate further if I was the owner.

What is the weight of the piece?

Is there any local resource (besides the LCS where you purchased the piece) that can have a close look at it?

If not, you might consider sending it off to ANACS for an independent opinion. ANACS is reliable and is less expensive than the other services.

Let me know if you have any specific questions - I will do my best to answer them.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/26/2021 09:45 am
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Redlock sent me some more German climate coins yesterday.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Commems it has a mass of 12.44g.

I do have other shops nearby, but most of the shops near me do a lot more work in bullion.

The shop I bought it from used to be run by a guy who was a PCGS grader. He picked the coin up in November of 2012 and labeled it as XF. I know that's not sound evidence but it's more than nothing
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, I blame all of you for this...

"Invested" (sounds better than 'I bought because I wanted it') in an MS70 2021 Silver Eagle... I don't think I will like the new reverse coming later this year so.......

... and I wanted just one Canadian Maple Leaf, and this 2018 incuse was on sale AND caught my eye... put it in my first capsule, too...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4595 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.. and I wanted just one Canadian Maple Leaf, and this 2018 incuse was on sale AND caught my eye... put it in my first capsule, too...

Nice looking coin.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Page: of 367 Previous TopicReplies: 5,503 / Views: 413,889Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05