Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 322
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2008  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Kurt...!!

My Great Grandfather on my moms side is 100% Austrian. He came over on a ship when he was 17 years old about the year 1910. I always thought it'd be neat to begin collecting coinage from there someday !......Haven't seen any until now or made the effort. Your coin may push me that way !....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1827 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2008  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add snowman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eaglefoot - that coin is from Australia.

Here's one that I just bought. It's not my picture, but this should be coming in the mail to fill the Augsburg hole in my OFEC collection:

Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2008  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My Great Grandfather on my moms side is 100% Austrian.
Austrian as in from Österreich? Or Australian? I'm confused since Kurt's coins were Australian!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1752 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2008  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter53562 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a couple of decent finds in the dealer junk bin today:

1895-O Barber quarter in G-6 for $3.25
1893 Barber half in G for $6.50
1915-D Barber half in G for $6.50
1933-S Walking Liberty half in VG for $6.50
1882-O/S Morgan dollar in VG for $14.50

It looked like they had just bought a large collection and maybe didnt have the time to go through everything. In the short time I was there, there were alot of people coming and going.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2513 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've picked up 230 dimes, 198 Rooseys and 32 Mercs, in two deals for a cost of $280 total.
Edited by Parklane64
07/23/2008 12:11 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorganNoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man I have so many things that I have bought since I stopped posting on a regular basis! But, I will have to trim this down to my last two purchases, and hopefully share the others later...

Purchase #1. I just got it today, all of the '08 commeratives that are not gold, and a fair amount of other things regularly bought from the mint (annual sets, ASE's, etc.)

Purchase #2. (easily my favorite) a local auction site had this picture showing a set of Buffs that was for sale.

The current bid was $35, I bid $50, and was fairly certain that I was going to be outbid. But low and behold I wasn't... I was hesitant to bid more as I was woried the previous owner had simply put some of the wrong dates in some of the holes. That did not happen. Here is a list of its contents: '13d Type 1, '13d Type 2, all 3 '14s, '15p&d, '16d&s, '17d&s, all 3 for each year '18 19 & 20, '21p, '23p&s, '24p&d, all 3 '25 '27 '28 & '29, '26d, '30p&s. They mostly grade from about g4 to f12 IMO, but a fantastic start to a collection of buffs. Especially for $50 when a couple of the coins I got are worth about twice that in g4...

Needless to say I am
Edited by MorganNoob
07/23/2008 02:15 am
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeathJr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ill buy it from you for $51 lol just playing I wish I had that luck though
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LittleLuie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm working on a n Indian cent collection,1866 Indian cent Rotated Die Error 180 DEGREES,1867 Indian cent.
1917-D obverse Walking Liberty half
1916-D Obverse Walking Liberty half.
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeathJr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Littleluie, SO YOUR THE CULPRITE lol I was idding on the 1866 for a while and you snatched it from me when I had to go to work GRRRR lol
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LittleLuie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you serious?Small world.
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got this one today

These are really difficult to get here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Snowman ......thanks for pointing out my confusion !.....oops !
And yeah....Austrian family tree.....not Australian...
My bad !.......(shouldn't hit the boards while extremely tired...)
Edited by eaglefoot
07/23/2008 12:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DL20K......
NICE SEATED !.... ....Can we see a pic of the reverse too ?

In your community, are there coin shops ?...coin shows?
Do you find coins on Ebay mostly ? What are your sources in Poland ?
Edited by eaglefoot
07/23/2008 12:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My bad !.......(shouldn't hit the boards while extremely tired...)
Yeah, but if you did that, you would never be here and we would probably miss you!
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2008  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eaglefoot, of course the photo will be posted once I take it. You see how bad a photo this is, I took it in a hurry.

Yes, there are coin shops. Rather few, I'd say. In Szczecin (populaton of half million) there are three. One with almost only new commemorative proofs, one with a lot of coins but mostly new overpriced junk stored in bags, and one with some more interesting and rare ones - which is often closed because the owner absent because he's constantly attending coin shows (e.g. in Germany).
Coin shows are held here as well, in the major cities.
Few people use Ebay, although many use the local auctions. In fact, many dealers including the well established ones use it too. Some coins can be purchased through online numismatic shops (also it's mostly the new stuff produced by the Polish mint).
In conclusion, most people use the Polish auctions in addition to visiting the coin shops IF they live in the cities.
Page: of 322 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05