Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,193 / Views: 447,740Next Topic
Page: of 413
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9160 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked this up awhile back for my slabbed birth year set but didn't ever post it because I didn't think there was any interest in proof Roosevelt dimes. (Apparently there's quite a bit of interest!)

Not exactly HQ photography but it gets the job done.

That being said, I'd love to find a double-struck ANYTHING in circulation...

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9160 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another one, 1955 in an old NGC soap bar, PF68 with some pretty peripheral toning, nice partial rainbow on the back.

I never could and still can't get this coin to photograph nicely, I would love to see what PCGS would do with it for a TrueView. I don't usually post acquisitions like this when I can't get the photos right but there seems to be enough interest to warrant it.

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
566 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That red-brown-blue peripheral toning sure is pretty . There was an earlier thread about a probable pre 1927 Buffalo nickel also double-struck in a low grade.

PS Dearborn, those reverse proofs are interesting enough I myself picked up the dime version a few weeks ago just to have one .
Learn More...
United States
104028 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why is that, Jbuck? Because Roosevelt was Ike's Boss? Hmmm?
Because our little dime gets no love. The dime has not changed since 1946. The cent has had seven reverses, the nickel has three obverses and five reverses, the quarter has had... a LOT! Sure, the half dollar has had the same design, but for eighteen years less and has been mostly NIFC for the last twenty. No comparison.

The dime needs more love! Keep them coming, everyone!
Pillar of the Community
United States
566 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey jbuck, if you insist this was part of the three coins shown earlier, a 1926-S semi-key Mercury dime which I picked up for a little over 20 bucks. Now I and the dealer were understanding that this dime may have been in someones pocket for some time instead of being whizzed. I personally grade it as a VF-35.

PS, this one upgrades my other one by quite a bit .
Edited by mrwhatisit
08/03/2021 8:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3142 Posts
Learn More...
United States
104028 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey jbuck, if you insist this was part of the three coins shown earlier, a 1926-S semi-key Mercury dime...
Fantastic!

Quote:
1954-1964 Proof Silver Roosevelt dimes
Nice run!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3142 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3142 Posts
Learn More...
United States
104028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3142 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The March of Dimes continues with 1951 Silver proof
2010-S -2017-S Silver Proof Roosevelt dimes

And is also concluded, These are the last coins I needed to complete my Dansco Roosevelt dimes. (have every thing I needed to acquire to finish. (including specialty issues)

I would like to know why the 2015 has a nice cameo obverse and not the reverse..

Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exonumia - From Daniel Carr at Moonlight Mint, his 2021 Covid-19 Hard Times Token in silver.

His 2020 Covid-19 token is sold out.

Edited by coinnewcomer1
08/05/2021 8:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1454 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dimes certainly get a lot of love lately.
Learn More...
United States
104028 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The March of Dimes continues with 1951 Silver proof 2010-S -2017-S Silver Proof Roosevelt dimes
Outstanding!

Quote:
And is also concluded, These are the last coins I needed to complete my Dansco Roosevelt dimes.
Congratulations!

Quote:
I would like to know why the 2015 has a nice cameo obverse and not the reverse..
Interesting. I see you have posted that one on its own to get some attention on it.
Learn More...
United States
104028 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Exonumia - From Daniel Carr at Moonlight Mint, his 2021 Covid-19 Hard Times Token in silver.
Very nice!
Page: of 413 Previous TopicReplies: 6,193 / Views: 447,740Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05