Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,310 / Views: 457,696Next Topic
Page: of 421
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18707 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1972 Federal Republic of Germany.
10 Deutsche Mark Olympic Games in Munich.

Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1972 Federal Republic of Germany. 10 Deutsche Mark Olympic Games in Munich.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3189 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like the fact a couple of posters here have criticised some of the coins. Its fine not to like them, but airing those views and calling them "Disneyland/China crap" is below the belt. Just because something is not to your taste - does not give you the right to attack someone else's taste.

Meanwhile these two would not win a beauty contest either, but they are right up my alley for collecting - that being coins of the Pacific Islands.

These are tiny Cupronickel 3d and 6d coins of New Guinea (The northern part of Papua New Guinea) administered by the UK with Australian help, and the ex German colonial Deutsch Neu Guinea seized in WW1.

The set of coins only had 4 values, all had holes, the penny was a nice copper/bronze coin and the shilling was a sterling silver also holed coin. Both were issued 3 or 4 times between 1935 and 1945, however the 3d and 6d were makeweights and only issued in 1935 and 1943 (6d) and 1944 (3d). The coins had holes as the natives would carry them around on strings. No more of them were made after 1945 and in 1952 New Guinea was united with Papua in the south and they used Australian coins until independence in 1975.

With these 2 I only need the 1938 Penny and 1936 Shilling to complete my New Guinea coin set. There is also the 1929 Trial d and 1d and a Trial strike in 1937 of the 3d and 6d.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Meanwhile these two would not win a beauty contest either, but they are right up my alley for collecting - that being coins of the Pacific Islands.
Fantastic adds!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2114 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
on't like the fact a couple of posters here have criticised some of the coins. Its fine not to like them, but airing those views and calling them "Disneyland/China crap" is below the belt. Just because something is not to your taste - does not give you the right to attack someone else's taste.
]

Well said, I'm not a huge fan of several of the circulation colour coins but have seen many beautiful commemorative.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18707 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1909 A Kingdom of Prussia (German states)
3 Mark - Wilhelm II.
-
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4681 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks perfect jbuck!
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18707 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Arrived today. My pair is complete.

Very nice !
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  07:11 am  Show Profile   Check beem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add beem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only 14 examples from this entire series have been graded MS by PCGS/NGC.

Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only 14 examples from this entire series have been graded MS by PCGS/NGC.
Fantastic!
Valued Member
Russian Federation
75 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My latest addition to the collection: Golden Horde Dang of Tokhtamysh khan from Azaq mint 782AH. Slightly broken, but still nice

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces309430.html
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest addition to the collection: Golden Horde Dang of Tokhtamysh khan from Azaq mint 782AH. Slightly broken, but still nice
Outstanding!
Page: of 421 Previous TopicReplies: 6,310 / Views: 457,696Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: