Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7,344 / Views: 525,660Next Topic
Page: of 490
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
1027 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this in the mail yesterday
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8521 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slerk: Nice! Congrats on the new acquisition!

As a kid, I visited relatives in upstate New York that had a portion of the Champlain Canal running behind their property (the Champlain connected with the Erie a few miles to the south). I always enjoyed watching the small boats pass through!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
118500 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1934 Un Balboa from Panama.
As promised earlier...Not into foreign coins, but you guys got me inspired and I promised myself to find one at the Long Beach Convention Coin show. Lo and behold a Panamanian Balboa in my face, no kidding, my country of origin.
Shame to say I've never owned or even knew they were 90% silver.
The dealer gave me a deal when I told him my story...$40 buck

Edited by Believe7
10/03/2022 1:34 pm
Learn More...
United States
118500 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1288 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions, Slerk and Believe7!

Here's a classic commemorative upgrade I received today - a 1938 Oregon in PCGS MS67. It'll replace a NGC MS65 example I've had since February of 2014. In fact, that coin was part of my very first purchase of classic silver commemoratives which I made at the Bellaire (TX) coin show, so I've put off upgrading it out of sentiment. I got past that, however , and will probably put that one up for sale soon on the forum.

The coin is reversed from the typical orientation used in PCGS/NGC holders, though the Conestoga wagon is actually the obverse side. The obverse toning in hand appears a bit lighter than my pics.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
10/03/2022 6:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1216 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those Panamanian balboa warrior coins are neat. I occasionally get the dimes and quarters in the world coin boxes, and even on those denominations I think the design is marvelous.
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow very nice coins everyone!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12310 Posts
Learn More...
United States
118500 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a classic commemorative upgrade I received today - a 1938 Oregon in PCGS MS67. It'll replace a NGC MS65 example I've had since February of 2014
Excellent!

Quote:
In fact, that coin was part of my very first purchase of classic silver commemoratives which I made at the Bellaire (TX) coin show, so I've put off upgrading it out of sentiment.
You have a stronger will than I do. Sentiment is what gives my collection most of its value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hokiefan_82...Neat coin you've got there.
@calzonemaniac...Love my Panamanian Balboa. A native and never kept one while I lived there...Shame!!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12310 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22995 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2021 Australia.
50 cents - Elizabeth II 6th Portrait.

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Check GaryVanWa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GaryVanWa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All very nice! Thanks for sharing!
Learn More...
United States
118500 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My latest medal:
Outstanding!

Quote:
2021 Australia. 50 cents - Elizabeth II 6th Portrait.
Very nice!
Page: of 490 Previous TopicReplies: 7,344 / Views: 525,660Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: