Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1884-O, Morgan, please judge, another attempt

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  11:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Trying again. Can't figure out why other one is showing the wrong coin.
No natural light (dark outside), overhead LED and camera flash on (one pic had also overhead florescence). I'll get there someday, or I run out of coins... uhh... that probably won't happen.. LOL Can always buy another roll. Hit me again, whatya thunk?

Edited by NDBirdman
10/02/2018 11:11 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5961 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just makes 64 imho. reverse is a beauty.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! The cut/scrape across the breast feathers is a turn off for me. Got this in a roll.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24663 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your title should read 1884-O. Did you check if it is a VAM?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
10/02/2018 09:02 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
7301 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63, maybe 64 (depends on the left obv field). Can you get sharper, less overexposed pics of the left obverse field?
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14763 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63
Pillar of the Community
United States
6593 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 84 O is typically a softly struck coin. this one has an above average strike which is nice to see. luster is difficult to determine due to unnatural lighting. based on the photos it appears that it is broken across the cheek. the bag marks across the cheek are boarder line 63/64 imo but I think its close enough to warrant the MS64 grade as the rest of the coin looks great
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30170 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say 64, but I too would like a better view of the left obverse field.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1 said: Did you check if it is a VAM?

I guess I don't understand VAM enough. What if any would make this a VAM?

Silver dollar said: Can you get sharper, less overexposed pics of the left obverse field?

I'll try, obverse is front?
Edited by NDBirdman
10/02/2018 11:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
7301 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All Morgan dollars are VAMs. VAMs are basically the die varieties. Some are easy to attribute while others can be difficult. Sharper pics with less glare will be needed for attribution.

Yes, the obverse is the front.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Edited by SilverDollar2017
10/02/2018 11:20 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24663 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just took a bunch more pics, I will go through them and post some. I have my camera software set on macro but the closest I can get is about 8 inches. I am looking for a better set-up, the one I have is not the greatest of cameras.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this what you are asking for?

Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2018  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog, is that the pic you were requesting or did I miss it?
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2018  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collectinsince65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beauty! ms63
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05