Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Holiday Exchange - Secret Santa 2018

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29
Pillar of the Community
United States
526 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SjlundCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was very excited to receive my secret santa gift all the way from Canada!

Inside were 6 very cool Canadian coins...

1940 three pence
1935 three pence
1918 three pence
1910 three pence
1900 three pence
1841 four pence

Thank you very much santa!
Valued Member
Canada
413 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian?
Maybe British?

To the best of my knowledge post-confederation Canadian coinage looks like this:
- 1 cent (cent as opposed to penny; cent was actually french term for 1/100th of a dollar - I recently learned this)
- 5 cent
- 20 cent; one year only, I'd love to have one some day
- 25 cent
- 50 cent
- 1 Dollar (1935+)

Pence on the other hand (I only recently learned this too) is the plural form of penny - and to the best of my knowledge this was used for Great Britian, and a few Dominion countries like Australia...
My "want" list is HERE
Edited by unruhjonny
01/11/2019 12:33 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9459 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  01:29 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and that 1841 fourpence had a fairly low mintage. Nice!

if you can!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
12096 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  08:50 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The countdown

1 11 18 Forum Time

7 Waiting to receive are:

CalzoneManiac
Cdncoins
commems
Earle42
Giedrius
Silverwolf
Webster

rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
United States
7675 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  01:49 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Learn More...
United States
12096 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  08:40 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why so sad?
rggoodie
aka Richard
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1306 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I should let you know that our friend @Commems is offline for a while. I'm sure he will reply when able.
Learn More...
United States
12096 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  10:28 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
rggoodie
aka Richard
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpaceMaNy0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My receiver never posted but their name is not on the list. Must not have been a very good gift. I'll do better next year.
With all these Barbers around, you'd think I'd have shorter hair.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1659 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@spaceman

Some people may just like to fly under the radar. I would t take it too personal. It's all in good faith and fun. You did great!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7675 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel bad for those who remain on the "unreceived" list.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2144 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my sender wrote me a couple days ago, to let me know my gift was on the way, so I will update as soon as I receive it.
Learn More...
United States
12096 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of the outstanding members to receive,
most of the items being sent to you are from Foreign countries and It "appears" that they have been sent.
I am trying to monitor this without pestering people so please be patient
remember the postal service in other countries is not always fast/efficient/honest

Please be patient
And if anyone is feeling generous I have one more person who sent out a gift but no one was assigned to send them a gift.
Enjoy what is left of the weekend if you are not snowed in as is much of the US.

rggoodie
aka Richard
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3463 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll send them a gift. Shoot me a pm.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Valued Member
Canada
174 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NiNGCumpoop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll second if MikeF's package gets lost in the mail.
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 4.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05