Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A 1920 Year Set - All Philly except for 50c from SF

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
6022 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  4:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Purchased this 1920 5 coin year set for $25. Pictures are blurry and will post updated pics when in hand. Thoughts on grade and problems? Thanks!

Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jst1dreamr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. It looks like you made a good deal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7406 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will wait for in hand pics. I see traces of hairlines on a few coins, which may point to a light cleaning.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14563 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many years ago, I completed a type set of Australian minted Half Sovereigns 1856 - 1915. Seven types.

I later discovered to my pleasant surprise that they were all from the Sydney Mint- the city in which I live.
The Sydney Mint Builing is in Macquarie Steet, Sydney, and is now a museum.

I later sold that particular type set at quite a handsome profit, to help set up a mortgage on my first home, in the street in which I still live.
That was waaaay back in 1976. You can't put a roof over your head with a stack of rare coins! The type set had to go.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7000 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice full dates - good purchase!
Completed the Dansco 8166 Album
(1964-2011) Kennedy half w/Proofs on Dec 3rd.

Now working on the Dansco 8167 Album
(2012-Date) Kennedy half w/Proofs.
27pcs, of 28, so far

Pillar of the Community
United States
6022 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who needs a home when you can have a stack of rare coins?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30305 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nice pickup. A couple of these pics aren't sharp enough to grade from. I'm guessing the quarter (best coin in the lot) has been cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9383 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the Quarter looks cleaned . Can't see the MM on the Half , just a very small blob . But your other coins look just fine .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  02:40 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't be so hasty. Wait the few days to receive them and then take your own pics. Those pics are not good enough to grade a coin by, for sure.

Such Oxygen!

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14883 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A real decent looking set. Must have been for grandpa's birth year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6022 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These came in. Pretty happy with the group. Thoughts? Thanks!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05