Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Exposition And World's Fair Tickets

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great continuing thread.
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8454 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks fellers. :-)
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10238 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice additions to the collection, TNG!

This is such a great thread. It embodies everything that numismatics is all about. Coins & exonumia, history, collections, education, collaboration. If there were a "Staff Picks" designation for topics, this one would be worthy.
Edited by CelticKnot
01/15/2020 3:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8454 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CelticKnot thank you for posting that. Makes me feel all squishy inside. LOL
Others have helped too. Thanks all!
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8454 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition
Fairbanks Scales Weight Ticket

Not an admission ticket but still a rather scarce souvenir.

(images will update when I get a chance to take a better pictures)
Fairbanks Morse and Company began in 1823 when inventor Thaddeus Fairbanks opened an ironworks in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. Fairbanks Scales is a company founded in 1830, when Thaddeus Fairbanks invented the platform scale.
The scale that weighed a person of 150 lbs and that this ticket was produced for, was most likely located in The Machinery Building at the 1904 St Louis Worlds Fair or Louisiana Purchase Exposition.
It was a platform scale that probably looked like the one shown in the center of this weight ticket one would keep as an Exposition Souvenir.
Platform scales were useful in weighing anything from sacks of grain to truckloads of freight and were made in all sizes.

Thaddeus Fairbanks with his brother Erastus Fairbanks, formed the E. & T. Fairbanks & Company and there selling thousands of scales, first in the United States, later in Europe, South America, and even Imperial China. Scales were integral to business as marine and railway shippers charged by weight.
The company not only made scales but also windmills, engines, tractors, radios, pumps and locomotives.
Today, Fairbanks Scales is a privately owned company in Kansas City, Missouri, that manufactures scales. It could be considered a successor to the company, but is not a direct descendant of the original Fairbanks Morse and Company.
My favorite album!
Edited by TNG
01/19/2020 2:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8454 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1903 Louisiana Purchase Exposition
Dedication Ceremonies Ticket

My long awaited ticket that has two great men pictured on the front. Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt.

On April 30, 1903, one hundred years to the day after the signing in Paris of the Louisiana Purchase agreement, President Theodore Roosevelt is in St Louis, Missouri, to dedicate the Louisiana Purchase Exposition, which did not open until one year later. Roosevelt is visible in the center of the front row of a grandstand, which was also the speaker's platform.

The exposition opened on April 30, 1904, and continued until December 1, 1904. It was the first world's fair to turn a profit. It featured the participation of 62 nations, 43 U.S. states, and the federal government. The fair comprised more than 1,500 individual buildings interconnected by 75 miles of roads and walkways. The infrastructure and buildings required three years to construct. A special exposition company was created for coordinating the process. Nearly the entire population of St. Louis was involved in the work. The scale of the plan was so immense that the fair, originally scheduled for 1903, had to be delayed by a year.

A link to read President Theodore Roosevelts Speech at the Dedication Ceremonies where he is pictured below. http://atthefair.homestead.com/Misc...OSEVELT.html

My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8454 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And my Grand Finale for 1904 World's Fair . . .

1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition St Louis Day Ticket

This ticket was given to someone to enjoy "St Louis Day" on September 15th 1904 at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition from Dr. Bransford Lewis of St. Louis Missouri Medical College, St. Louis, Missouri.

I did find some information about him.

Born Nov 14 1862 in St. Charles County, Missouri.
Died at age 78 at his summer home near Saint Clair, Franklin County, Missouri.
Buried in Bellefontaine Cemetery.

He was an accomplished surgeon with a long list of accomplishments.

Affiliate Fellow of the American Medical Association and a member of its House of Delegates in 1913.

A lecturer in genitourinary surgery at his alma mater from 1893 to 1895.

Assistant superintendent of St. Louis City Hospital in 1889 and on the staff from 1902 to 1905 and from 1910 to 1912.

On the staff of the Missouri Pacific Hospital from 1892 to 1896, Rebekah Hospital from 1901 to 1914, Deaconess Hospital from 1905 to 1912, Frisco Hospital from 1898 to 1915.

1912 urologist to St. John's Hospital.

Translated from the German "Genitourinary Diagnosis and Therapy for Urologists and General Practitioners," by Dr. E. Portner ; co-author, of "Cystoscopy and Urethroscopy".

A professor of urology at St. Louis University School of Medicine from 1900 to 1930 and since 1930 professor emeritus member of the American Association of Genitourinary Surgeons.

Past president of the American Urological Association, fellow of the American College of Surgeons.

Past president of the Mississippi Valley Medical Association.

In 1933 vice president of the Pan American Medical Congress.
Edited a "History of Urology" in 1933, and wrote the chapter on the history of the American Urological Association.

He contributed largely to the of the modern development cystoscope.

Wrote about a surgical procedure nephropexy, to correct nephroptosis, a floating kidney, by fixing the kidney in place.

Pierre Laclede is shown on the front and was a French fur trader who, with his young assistant and stepson Auguste Chouteau, founded St. Louis in 1764, in what was then Spanish Upper Louisiana, in present-day Missouri.

Saint Louis on horseback is shown on the back. Apotheosis of St. Louis, A bronze statue of Saint Louis stands in Forest Park where the Fair took place. The statue is a replica of a plaster statue that stood on the concourse of the Plaza of St. Louis, near the main entrance to the fair
My favorite album!
Edited by TNG
01/20/2020 10:32 pm
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8454 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  12:35 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Win a Ford V-8 Ticket
at The 1935 San Diego Exposition

This is an apparently unused ticket to win a Ford at the 1935 San Diego Exposition and will accompany my newly acquired 1935 V-8 Medal from the same.
In the mid 70's I walked right past the Ford Exhibit Building in Balboa Park to enter a very smokey rock concert and never even knew I was on the very grounds of this California Pacific International Exposition, a World's Fair that was open from 1935 to 1936, in San Diego, Southern California.

See this post where I posted the medal. http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=176#3147653

My favorite album!
Edited by TNG
02/05/2020 1:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2470 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Win a Ford V-8 Ticket at The 1935 San Diego Exposition
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10238 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic additions, TNG. Your collection must be one of the most extensive around.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8454 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys, still hoping to get a 1905 Louis and Clark Portland Day, A 1897 Tennessee Centennial, an 1898 Trans Mississippi someday. I have learned that if I'm patient they do come along at a good price, but it could be a long wait.
I have some in my watch list that re-list over and over but only watching for searching the "View similar items" tab. The sellers want too much for me.
Occasionally a weird obscure one like the 1935 Ford pops up and I was glad to get it.
My favorite album!
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05