Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 Canada 49TH parallel far and wide

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  3:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
my 2 set just arrived. the finish is suppose three-ply nickel finish plated steel. but this is some new texture on the reverse. these coins would be lucky. to grade a good on the reverse. these are just plain ugly. the obverse is wonderful pristine. wonder why they made the reverse to look like that?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am returning these to the mint. wow plain ugly
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is and image of the quarter. the whole surface on the reverse of the coins. has all these tiny bumps. the dime plus the nickle is very hard to tell the date. I thought these was suppose to be smooth. well here is and image. this is what they look like. but not on the obverse. these are not easy to light. thoughts here is what they look like roughly
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you have ordered these sets. they come looking like mine. keep them there is a very good reason
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1003 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's just the plastic
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you allen.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok got rid of the plastic holder. the coins look alot better. why would the mint charge 30 dollars to make this. if they had looked at the front of the mount. they could have easily seen. that it was almost impossible. to see some of coins. here they are

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there is a near and far marked on the quarter. sorry but until SPP ottawa might varify this. it just a note for myself. I have checked it with my overlay. but I would rather wait for him or one of the other members with knowledge than myself. here is what the coins look like.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4079 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As mentioned earlier, these sets are packaged by a third party not the RCM and a most interesting point this company to their credit hires challenged workers, so one could see and excuse poor packageing
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
john100 thank you so much. that is really great that they are will to help. we did that in the company. that I was in employed by. well when I thought it could not get any better. this coin has been struck alot more than once. it is amazing. here is the image

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1804 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing any doubling on the photos provided? and as for the 30$ price, you are paying for this coin, that is only available in this set, it won't be sold as a single..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silverwolf I had it under a microscope. I would cut it out of the 2 by 2. but I am afraid to get a mark on this coin. the marks are there. the only way. they will show is if I turn the coin on its side. then take a photo while on the microscope. mounted on its side out of the 2 by 2. you need direct light in order to see the press lines. like this coin
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1423 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silverwolf I will get my stacking unit together very soon. this is the best I can do for now. I see the coin is not perfect either. see at this mag. the depth of field is so shallow. I will get the stacker together. then I can show you. a clear image from, the top of the letter to the bottom of the letter. I say it was struck about 3 times. also see some missing work on the face of the coin. here is couple of images.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05