Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just askin......what would be the one dream coin in your collection?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add slapsshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am a total sucker for Indian head half eagles...
I'd take any year proof 68.
I'm not too greedy, right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also a freak for incuse indians. Probably would be happy with a $2.5 1914 in MS65 and up.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
6036 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Sultan of Muscat Proof-68 1804 silver dollar
Pillar of the Community
Canada
662 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice idea for a thread

My personal "dream coin" would have to be, at least currently would be the 1862 British Columbia $20 gold piece.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7457 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An 1895 proof Morgan dollar.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1171 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1793 US copper...!

1/2 and chain
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1796NoPole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A $4 stella, or my username. I do have an absolutely roached LCHC that has a very good chance of being the latter, but it's a true dog, superior only to a Chinese fake among hole-filler options. Really, there are a bunch of coins that could qualify. A more realistic one might be an 1856 FEC or 1969-S DDO.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slapsshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@1796NoPole

I hear you on the Stella....
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vermillion Flycatche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1894 S Barber dime. Be nice to have one of nine full date and mintmark set for that series. Guess I need to sell more ice cream and see if one shows up in change.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9410 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My dream coin would be a 1916 SLQ Full Head MS-66 .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7551 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:02 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the tooth fairy were to leave a coin under my pillow, I think I'd be very happy to give a toothless smile for a 1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle. But if I could trade a back molar when the time comes, I'll settle for a 1793 Half Cent . but it has to be choice VF or better with no problems or no deal.
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Learn More...
United States
63648 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My dream coin is probably a modern Ike. Since that is no Classic I will just observe.
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1796NoPole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1976 No S proof pattern, jbuck?
Learn More...
United States
63648 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice candidate, but I had something else in mind...

The 1972 V2 Ike, PCGS MS66. Population of eight. I do not really need nor ever expect to own one, but if I had that sort of budget I would have to consider it.

Of course, with this sort of budget I could get that 76 as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8491 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the only coin I could put that label on is a 1964 SMS Jefferson nickel.

Looks pretty good to me.
Such Oxygen!

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
5630 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1915 Pan Pacific $50 commemorative gold.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05