Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just askin......what would be the one dream coin in your collection?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add slapsshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am a total sucker for Indian head half eagles...
I'd take any year proof 68.
I'm not too greedy, right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
620 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also a freak for incuse indians. Probably would be happy with a $2.5 1914 in MS65 and up.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
5681 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Sultan of Muscat Proof-68 1804 silver dollar
Pillar of the Community
Canada
588 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice idea for a thread

My personal "dream coin" would have to be, at least currently would be the 1862 British Columbia $20 gold piece.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6215 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An 1895 proof Morgan dollar.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1159 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1793 US copper...!

1/2 and chain
Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1796NoPole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A $4 stella, or my username. I do have an absolutely roached LCHC that has a very good chance of being the latter, but it's a true dog, superior only to a Chinese fake among hole-filler options. Really, there are a bunch of coins that could qualify. A more realistic one might be an 1856 FEC or 1969-S DDO.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slapsshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@1796NoPole

I hear you on the Stella....
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vermillion Flycatche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1894 S Barber dime. Be nice to have one of nine full date and mintmark set for that series. Guess I need to sell more ice cream and see if one shows up in change.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8925 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My dream coin would be a 1916 SLQ Full Head MS-66 .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7475 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:02 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the tooth fairy were to leave a coin under my pillow, I think I'd be very happy to give a toothless smile for a 1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle. But if I could trade a back molar when the time comes, I'll settle for a 1793 Half Cent . but it has to be choice VF or better with no problems or no deal.
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Learn More...
United States
61503 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My dream coin is probably a modern Ike. Since that is no Classic I will just observe.
Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1796NoPole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1976 No S proof pattern, jbuck?
Learn More...
United States
61503 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice candidate, but I had something else in mind...

The 1972 V2 Ike, PCGS MS66. Population of eight. I do not really need nor ever expect to own one, but if I had that sort of budget I would have to consider it.

Of course, with this sort of budget I could get that 76 as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8114 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the only coin I could put that label on is a 1964 SMS Jefferson nickel.

Looks pretty good to me.
"Baseball gets you out in the fresh air and keeps you from talking about your neighbors."
-Lib Dooley

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
5473 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1915 Pan Pacific $50 commemorative gold.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05