Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

We Lost Four Greats In The Numismatic Literature World This Past Week...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 840Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7334 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  9:42 pm Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The following greats have all left this mortal coil;

Cal Wilson (1944-2018)
Del Bland (1933-2018)
JT Stanton (1952-2018)
Holland Wallace (1940-2018)

Cal Wilson ran one of the first and great numismatic book auctions and sales.

Del Bland was an expert on early US Large Cents. He was best known as the co-author of the US Large Cent Encyclopedia with Walter Breen. A fantastic reference book and one of the best reference books on the series to date.

JT Stanton co-author of the Cherrypickers Guides with Bill Fivaz

Holland Wallace the unknown hero of the RedBook and Whitman Publishing empire a top researcher of all world coins.

JT was a personal friend of mine, and I will miss his insights on error coins and varieties. JT and I met at an early 1980's ANA Summer Seminar, he was a very knowledgeable person and very giving when it came to teaching others all about how errors and varieties are formed in the coin making process, he also took amazing photographs (starting in the pre digital era) for all of us to learn from. Many of his photographs are in the Mega Red Coin Book. He is greatly missed by many in the coin business.

For much more insight see the Vol. 21 Issue #43 of E-Sylum at coinbooks.org (should be active in a few days if you aren't already on the mailing list).
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10664 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry for your loss, westcoin.

But these greats live on with their writings and teachings.
Pillar of the Community
United States
508 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jst1dreamr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
R.I.P. great losses to the hobby.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36124 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4457 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All 4 will be missed for their public and behind the scenes contributions.
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
91201 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21548 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sad news.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9062 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
News to me. Ahhh . I will miss JT too. Too young, I did not know he was sick or what happened. I know him from the early 80's.
He was cherrypickerjtcoins on eBay. I get my updates for my Jefferson nickel set from him.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
4048 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Their work will be remembered.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 840Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05