Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

NCLT - Collectibles Surviving Beyond The Upcoming Cashless Society?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 9,209Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2910 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of ethnic stores and restaurants accept only cash. They don't want to pay the credit card fees which could be up to 3%. Plus it is easier to fudge the books by dealing with cash only.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2377 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who would have thought that businesses are now enforcing cashless pay in attempt to limit exchange of the COVID-19 virus.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
650 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slippery slope currently with covid if the health guess push it it's gone heard rumblin today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2377 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2022  01:34 am  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to deposit rolls of coins at our local credit union today with my daughter and we found out they don't take coins anymore. We were instructed to use the "automated machine" and pay a 10% fee (5% if you have an account). Maybe this is normal now, but for me this came to a shock. I remember spending hours going through rolls for coin hunting when I was a kid...

Sad.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20069 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2022  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NCLT is related in face value to the currency that is in circulation.
If we enter into a cashless society, there will no longer be a need to issue NCLT that is related to cash (either coins or notes).
Thus NCLT will only be needed for the bullion stashers and all NCLT and bullion coins will be traded for their metal value only.

I don't really see a a long term future for NCLT, trading at well above bullion value, as it does now.
NCLT will fade out slowly just as stamp collecting seems to be doing.
Edited by sel_69l
06/09/2022 07:44 am
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 9,209Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: