Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your "Best Score Ever" here

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
982 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2018  06:51 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jeez Xavier that's wild!
ANA id: 3194067

If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
982 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bump
ANA id: 3194067

If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2018  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sgmbrock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About three years ago I went to a local "coin" shop where most of the business was buying scrap gold and silver and some coins. Had junk 90% that I would go through, but this day the clerk said he had just bought two "mint" sets and would I be interested in them. Both were in Capital holders with no markings as to Mint Set or Proof Set. One set was 1940 and the other 1941. The silver coins were somewhat toned and the nickels and pennys were kind of "cloudy" looking. I asked how much and he said $45 each. So I paid him and when I got home took a closer look and to my amazement discovered they were actually proof sets. And to top it all off, the 41 WLH was a "No AW" initials variety. I dipped most of the coins and sent all in to NGC for grading. Here are the results:

1940 half PF 64 1941 half PF 64 No AW
1940 qtr PF 66 1941 qtr PF 64+
1940 dime PF 66 1941 dime PF 65
1940 nickel PF 65 1941 nickel PF 63
1940 cent PF 65R 1941 cent PF 64RB

NGC Cert # 3103750-001 through 010.

My best score ever!
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2018  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Payme1968 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a 1965 Canadian nickel.absolutely beautiful.I'm looking for someone interested
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2018  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Payme1968 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My best score ever.
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edthelorax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really wanted to pick just one but I have 2, I figure why stop there? I hope you don't mind, I have been dying for someone that understands to share these with. I love scouring ebay, mostly for Lincolns.
Last year I got a raw 1925-D for 27$ and PCGS gave it a 63 red.
This year I found a raw 72/72 which I doubled my money on easily, The buyer made 50% more over that 3 days after he got it. Maybe I passed on too much of that good deal, but I have to keep them moving or else I can't buy something better or more fun.
Bought a 14-D that you couldn't see anything but a black dot in a flip from a seller. I bought from him once before, so I trusted him. It was Vf like he said. 45$
Arlington coin listed a "1922 cent" for 50$ it was a strong reverse, VG nice looking coin. I let some happy buyer have it for a good deal. but made multiples.
My favorite was back in 2003. I walked into a shop in Palm Springs, CA. The owner took one look at me and said "You have something to sell?" I answered "Do you have a 92-O half?" No he snapped back. "she will help you" pointing to a nice young lady as he walked to the back. I asked to see the Barber quarters, there was a strong VG 1897-S with no price on it. One of the 5 I needed. I asked her how much? When she went back to ask him him, he muttered something inaudible to me. When she told me seven dollars, I quickly paid with a smile and walked out. I still don't know if he said 70 or priced it like a 1897 plain at 7$.

My best score ever was less than a month ago. I bought the coin in following pictures at 6 AM within minutes of being listed, for the price of a g/vg (115$) His photo made it look cleaned. I would be interested in opinions of the grade. Right after I got it, I sniped the book it came from 09-1995 for a higher price than I expected, at auction. No SVDB, 14D 22 plain or 31s. All the other teen/twenty D mints are AU/UNC including red or RB 19-D 64ish a 20-S RB Blazing, brand new pennies, sharply struck, 22-D, 25-D and 27-D They look 65 to me, but I am not very good with high grades. We have to wait for PCGS on those. Most the early S mints are vg-f. The 1943-s is an EDS, with strong lie polish lines, DDO-1.
This seller has A bunch of Nice Indians up now on ebay. I felt compelled to assist him and have seen the whole book. Fine 1877 sweet 08-S and 09-S I don't know if it is cool to put his ebay handle here, so I won't. Those should be enough clues to easily figure out who he is.
I love cherrypicking

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2133 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought this Cent as I live in Nova Scotia, it had
hairlines in the description but Die Clash on a small
sticker, I looked at the thumbnail photo and saw what I
thought was Victoria on the reverse. It is a double
clash, see link to topic. It is one of my favorite
coins. Score.

http://goccf.com/t/257677
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edthelorax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SilverDon, That is precious. I love how dark toning creates a contrast with the relief. It makes the jewels pop. The sharpness of the clash is amazing and very pleasing. A perfect example why we buy the coin, not the holder. It is beautiful.
Edited by edthelorax
12/06/2018 01:04 am
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
1114 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antwerpen2306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two 10 coins ( value 20 ),the first 18 gr 925/ silver bought on a sale for 7 + 6 = 13 .albert

Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2473 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Favorite:
From a self proclaimed 'coin expert dealer'
Bought a nice 1909 S Lincoln Cent, Fine condition. $40
Now in an NGC F-12 holder, 1909 S VDB

On eBay: bought a nice 1909 S [noted as AU] Lincoln. Now slabbed as a MS 63 RB S over hor S.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05