Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

November 2018 RCM Releases

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2621 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2018  11:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
- RCM State of the Art Set - $239.95 - 1 Coin from the Business Line - One each from Numismatic, Bullion, Canadian, and Foreign circulation.

- Cherry Blossom Coin - $29.95
- WWI Armistice of Compiegne - $114.95
- Kilo Coin - Voyageur Dollar - $2329.95
- Bald Eagle Reflection coin - $119.95
- Double Concave Brown Bear coin - $999.95
- Holiday Wealth - Murano Glass - $139.95
- $20 1 oz Silver - Reproduction of first gold coin - 1908, 100th anniversary - $114.95
- Reproduction of 1908 Canada first gold coin - 1 oz Pure Gold - $2899.95
- 2018 Master Club 2 oz Renewed Silver Dollar - 1994 National War Memorial silver dollar - $194.95, 4000 mintage
- 5 oz Silver Polar Bear Coin - $579.95
- 1 oz pure Gold - Atlantic Puffins - $2889.95
- 2 oz pure silver Black Rhodium SML - $199.95
- 5 oz Silver - Celebrating Canada's Classic Icons - $559.95
- 5 Oz Pure Gold Coin - Golden Eagle - $12,995.95.
- 2 oz Silver Canadian Canopy Coin - Canada Goose - $189.95
- 2 oz Silver Wily Wolf - $189.95

Edited by MoneyPenney
10/30/2018 12:43 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4017 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1994 National War Memorial dollar is an interesting choice (at least to me) for this year's Renewed Silver Dollar - the coin wasn't issued in silver back in 1994, just a nickel-bronze alloy. Yet another diversion from consistency for the series!

The State of the Art set sounds just like at least one of the sets the RCM previously gave its employees as a "Thank You" reward. I wonder if current employees received one of the sets this year?

I'm interested in seeing the design of the Bald Eagle Reflection coin. If it's a new design featuring a bald eagle in a natural setting, I might consider adding it to my bald eagle coin collection.

Other than that, I think I'm out until the 2019 silver dollars are released.

Valued Member
Canada
230 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 5 oz Silver Polar Bear Coin looks interesting where it isn't perfectly round with the engraved rim, however, I've been put off of getting 5oz coins and seeing the value drop almost immediately.
I must say, I don't really like the 2018 Master Club 2 oz Renewed Silver Dollar. I think it's design is still too new to use it again.
I do like the Reproduction of 1908 Canada first gold coin - 1 oz Pure Gold, but at $2899.95 it's out of my price range, so I likely make due with the $20 1 oz Silver - Reproduction of first gold coin - 1908, 100th anniversary at $114.95.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6530 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you a lot MoneyPenney for the list and description.

RCM in the good way, to offer for sale other type og coins, except of standard NCLT and 'upgraded' bullion.

RCM continues to push to the market close to 20 new items instead of 5-7 (taking in account that will be no December release)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4017 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw the Bald Eagle coin on eBay - it's not for me. It's a mostly colourized coin that includes a flashlight that is used to view the coin's alternate colour scheme.

No thanks. I've decided my collection will remain a "gimmick-free" zone!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
6530 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't we have last year:

2017 $250 FINE SILVER COIN THE FIRST CANADIAN GOLD COIN

?

Item ID on eBay = 142738896863 (listed by GW)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4017 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Didn't we have last year:

2017 $250 FINE SILVER COIN THE FIRST CANADIAN GOLD COIN

?

The 2017 commemorative coin marked the first dollar-denominated gold coins struck at the Ottawa Mint. The coins were the first Canadian gold coins with a distinctly Canadian design - the Canadian Coat-of-Arms.

The 2018 commemorative coin is marking the 110th anniversary of the first gold sovereigns struck at the Ottawa Mint. The coins had the standard sovereign design of the time; coins with the same design (except for the "C" mint mark for Canada) were struck by The Royal Mint as well as at multiple of its branch mints across the world.

The 2018 commemorative celebrates different gold coins vs. the 2017 piece.

Edited by commems
10/30/2018 1:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6530 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for explain, Commems

Will think twice or trice if I really need it for collection, but to have this distinctive timeless design on the Canadian NCLT could be great.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4017 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at new listings on eBay, it appears as if there are a few additional coins to be be available in the November release in addition to those kindly listed by MoneyPenny:

- 2019 $20 1 oz. silver Mystical Snow Day w/ Snowman (colourized)
- 2019 $5 1/4 oz. silver Zodiac - Capricorn (colourized)
- 2019 $30 2 oz. Bighorn Sheep Zentangle Art
- 2019 $10 1/2 oz. silver Year of the Pig

Valued Member
Canada
319 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I am not a great fan of the Renewed $ design... I agree it is too new... my OCD requires I maintain the series.

That said, I would have preferred the 1958 BC dollar. A 24 year anniversary of the issue seems less of a milestone than 60 but what do I know... Caught hook line & sinker.

I have always had a soft spot for Sovereigns. I wish though that they had left the denomination off the coin. Sovereigns don't state their value... whether the half, full, double or five, the size of the coin tells you its denomination. If they had to list the value, why not on the obverse leaving the reverse for a more true replica...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6530 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2018 Master Club 2 oz Renewed Silver Dollar - 1994 National War Memorial silver dollar - $194.95, 4000 mintage

This one available on eBay for CAD 229.95 with Free Shipping to Canada. I remember this price for the 2015 Voyageur at the beginning.
The coin looks great. Someone will buy? Or load?

Found also this one:
2019 Bat Signal Glow-Dark Dollar $1 3/4OZ Silver Proof Barbados Coin Made by RCM
Interesting...this is like Perth Mint for Niue or Palau.Is this one appears in the set as well?

Sovereign looks very very good.
Valued Member
Canada
65 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jarms049 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This one available on eBay for CAD 229.95 with Free Shipping to Canada. I remember this price for the 2015 Voyageur at the beginning.
The coin looks great. Someone will buy? Or load?

I think I may grab one! I love this series.
Valued Member
Canada
190 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found November's release is surprisingly interesting. Here are a few that got my attention.

1. The 1908 Sovereign Gold Coin

This is a classic design from more than one century ago. But the design is unusual from today's perspective: violent and maybe politically incorrect. Perhaps that's why this coin got my attention.

I'm not sure about the lack of Canadian elements though. At that time, the same design was used by mints in many countries, including Canada, UK, and Australia; Only the letter "C" on the reverse side indicates the coin was minted in Canada.

2. Rhodium-plated Silver Maple Leaf

Many collectors - including me - buy anything with the iconic maple leaf design on it. And the Mint knows that.

Here is another coin to celebrate the 30th anniversary of silver maple leaf, after the gold-plated 2oz coin, the maple leaf-shaped coin, the 2-coin set, the incuse 1-oz, the incuse 3-oz, the "30" superimposed coin, and the 1-oz gold coin with platinum plating.

Nevertheless, I love the contrast between the black and white - and the iconic maple leaf.

3. Masters Club - National War Memorial

I love the fancy wooden case. It shows the Mint can be generous sometimes.

Yes, this coin will sell out quickly. But I'm not sure if I will get this one. My last three in this series: 50 cent 2017, Silver Half-Dollar 2018, and Parliament 2017 haven't appreciated much. Additionally, the quality of these three coins is mediocre. But the wooden case is nice.

Edited by YesOrNo
10/31/2018 10:31 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
620 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The design of the Sovereign coin is not political nor violent - its the fabulous classic St. George slaying the dragon by Benedetto Pistrucci-
Great design - standing the test of time - hence a classic
Valued Member
Canada
190 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I should rephrase my words.

I think the sovereign coin design is unusual from today's standards.

Today's coin themes are mostly about peace, love, and harmony; sometimes there are wars themes. But rarely a coin depicts killing, either a human or animal.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
620 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05