Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 US Mint Product Schedule

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...but I'll also be relieved when the ATB series is over in 2021.

Likewise. But I don't think they're going to let that 3" press just gather dust. Clearly with the Apollo 3" coin they're looking for other ways to utilize it. can we expect more 3" commemorative coins? Will we get round 2 of ATB and with it another 11-year helping of pucks? Time will tell...

Edited by CelticKnot
07/13/2019 4:00 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12250 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More commens probably yes, 5oz ASE would be popular too. Then of course the bid medals even though they aren't really popular.
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Clearly with the Apollo 3" coin they're looking for other ways to utilize it. can we expect more 3" commemorative coins? Will we get round 2 of ATB and with it another 11-year helping of pucks? Time will tell...

I expect we will eventually see more 3" commemoratives, but it'll probably be a slow transition with commemorative legislation. I think it's a nice middle ground (price-wise) between the silver dollars and gold half eagles, even if I personally can't afford them. Then again, with the price increases from the Mint over the past several years, they might be out of even more small-budget collectors' price ranges. As for the possibility of another round of the ATB series...
As you say, we'll wait and see.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
5oz ASE would be popular too.

Definitely agree with you there. That would seriously jack up everyone collecting ASEs in albums...

Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see they finally released the design of the gold liberty coin due out August 15th. Thought maybe they were going to announce the release was postponed already. https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...silver-medal
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12250 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Definitely agree with you there. That would seriously jack up everyone collecting ASEs in albums...

Just get two uncut pages and a pie crust ring to cus out a hole, problem solved
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just get two uncut pages and a pie crust ring to cus out a hole, problem solved

Ha... might get one per Dansco page. The albums would cost more than the silver. Guessing I could probably get 4 per page with a CAPS, maybe 5 in an "X" pattern.
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking through the sales figures on the mint website and saw this, anyone have any idea what this is? Could not find it on the schedule.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a bullion product? The parentheses around the W make me think it is bullion. 40 coins would be 2 20-coin tubes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that a bullion product?

No, it says it's the proof coin in the item description. There's also an item 19EM040 for the S proof version.

This is the US Mint bulk pack product. You can see it here. It looks like dealers can now purchase the bulk pack in up to 5 "trays" of 40 coins (200 total) instead of the previous 210 coins all at once. That probably explains the 4x increase in sales from last year's 182.

If you're interested, then here's the link to the S proof version as well. I believe this is the first year a S proof bulk pack product has been offered.
Edited by BadDog
08/16/2019 08:31 am
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BadDog, that makes sense now. So it looks like there is not cost savings for buying in bulk like this, just probably less packaging for bulk buyers to go through.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1312 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's absolutely no discount for buying in the bulk packaging. I wonder why someone would.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There's absolutely no discount for buying in the bulk packaging. I wonder why someone would.

The discount comes from the bulk program itself.

The minimum required purchase to be a continuing bulk program participant is 2 $10,000 purchases each year. That would get you a 3% discount from the Mint. The discount goes up to 5% if you purchase at least $1M per year.

IMHO the Silver Eagle bulk pack product is really targeted at bulk TPG submitters who don't want/need the OGP. They get a discount from the Mint and the TPG to lower their overall cost per graded coin.
Edited by BadDog
08/16/2019 09:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1312 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming that a company was an authorized bullion purchaser and participated in the bulk discount program, does the $ spent on bullion purchases get included in the total?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, they're different programs.

The requirements to be a direct bullion purchaser are MUCH higher than the requirements to be a bulk purchaser.

According to Coin World, there are only 12 authorized direct bullion purchasers. Everyone else, including other bullion dealers, has to buy from those few authorized direct bullion purchasers.
Edited by BadDog
08/16/2019 09:42 am
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05