Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Apollo 11 Commems - Released January 24th, 2019

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 58
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've been pretty good at guessing which offerings will sell out quick.

Which item are you referring to?
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mean in general, but for this set I think the gold, the 5 ouncers, and the halves set will be gone super quick. Gold might be unavailable after a few minutes even if not actually sold out as I think they probably only minted a portion to give some leeway in case more uncirculated are ordered than predicted. Though,then again, maybe they know they'll all sell and they mint what they mint and sell what they have either way.

In any case, if I wanted to get any of those options I'd be on the site at noon. If I'm wrong then you can openly taunt me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
I think your assessment is accurate.
So far, however, only 3 gold coins were 'pre-sold' on eBay. With less than two days to go I guess everyone thinks they will score one directly from the mint. We shall see...
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When do prices get posted for the gold coins?
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2019 $5 Proof Gold Apollo 11 Will be priced @ $418.75
The 2019 $5 Uncirculated Apollo 11 Will be priced @ $408.75
Pillar of the Community
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mellamobradley46 , Thank You for the pricing info. Any bets which will sell out first, the Proof or the Unc.? Traditionally the Proof does have a larger sales figure over the Uncirculated, In ANY production where they are both offered, IMO. I want an Unc Too..........
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briarmentrout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really just want the halves set and maybe the silver dollars... both proof and uncirculated....
Pillar of the Community
United States
7385 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a HH on the 5oz?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there a HH on the 5oz?

The Mint's product page says the household limit is 5.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/apollo-1...uct-schedule
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you find the pricing of the gold coins? They are still not listed on the Mint's website.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prices for gold and other bullion products varies with the market price of the metal. This is mentioned on their site, and there's a link to the pricing table at https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/go...6.1544080593

That said, they do say there will be an introductory price, so I also wonder where that came from.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
Edited by Alpha2814
01/23/2019 12:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got it from a friend who always knows these things. I assume maybe federal register. Sorry, probably should have said the source in the original post.
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gold prices are now officially listed. Prices as noted above.
Edited by bzookaj
01/23/2019 3:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mellamobradley46 has the correct current prices above.

Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2019  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what's everyone looking to pick up tomorrow? One of each? Nothing?
I'm looking at a couple of the half dollar sets and one of the $1 proofs. Going to try to do it all in one transaction. Hopefully no connection or site issues?
Page: of 58 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05