Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Apollo 11 Commems - Released January 24th, 2019

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 56
Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my shipping notice today, they are ahead as the last email said due June 3rd. Two more saucers on the way :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4653 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  07:31 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My two June 3rd's are still on backorder
Learn More...
United States
72350 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Received my shipping notice today, they are ahead as the last email said due June 3rd. Two more saucers on the way :)
Excellent!

Quote:
My two June 3rd's are still on backorder
Not so excellent.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4653 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was SO tempted to cancel these last two since I kinda have enough encased in plastic but I need one for a gift and the other just to have in all its original glory....

Please ship them before I change my mind
Learn More...
United States
72350 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9712 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...but I need one for a gift...

I need to get on your gift list.
Edited by CelticKnot
05/15/2019 12:35 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't got a shipping notice for the 5 oz but they just charged my credit card yesterday. My date was Aug 1st.
Pillar of the Community
United States
967 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Australian set is now available, 10k limit with a price tag of about 178 Aussie which is about 125 USD at the time of this posting

In today's Federal Register, the Mint announced its price for this set will be $139.95. Not yet listed on the website for purchase though.
Edited by BadDog
05/23/2019 3:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4653 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10k in Aussie land but how many in the US of A?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12015 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it's a 10k mintage total since that's the mintage on the Aussie coin.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...ues.all.html

Quote:
The price is $195 Australian ($136.30 U.S. to non-Australian addresses and $177.27 Australian ($123.91 U.S.) to Australian addresses.

That is roughly $100 for the AU$5 silver coin.

There's apparently other collaborations in the works as well:

Quote:
Another joint partnership involving Apollo 11 coins is in the works with the Royal Spanish Mint.

Edited by bzookaj
05/23/2019 9:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12015 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

That is roughly $100 for the AU$5 silver coin.

Your quote has the price backwards. It's 195 AUD for orders IN Australia and 177.77 AUD for international orders. International orders are always a lower price from the Australian and British mints as you don't have to pay them the GST.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9712 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At that price it would be much more tempting if it were the $1 silver commemorative paired up with the Australian coin. This is going to be one of those that I'll almost certainly wait for and put on my watch list.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12015 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At that price it would be much more tempting if it were the $1 silver commemorative paired up with the Australian coin. This is going to be one of those that I'll almost certainly wait for and put on my watch list.

It does look like a cool set and the Aussie coin looks pretty too and in some aspects better, unfortunately you are right about the price and it is a good example of how some of the world mints are really pushing it price wise on their offerings.

195 or 177.77 AUD for international sales is just being greedy, possibly greed on both ends depending on the profit sharing agreement or how much the US Mint is charging them for the half. I was thinking it was going to be more in the 125-150 AUD range which should have left plenty of profit for both mints and been a reasonable enough price to sell well
Learn More...
United States
72350 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My buying the American Legion dollar and medal set has pushed the Aussie set off my short list. I may be on the lookout for one at the coin show though.
Page: of 56 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05