Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Apollo 11 Commems - Released January 24th, 2019

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 58
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the replacement sleeves for my half dollar sets Monday. I had forgot I ordered them, until I saw a big envelope in the mailbox.
Learn More...
United States
74970 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They still don't list the Half Dollar Set as sold out. The remind me is still up. Don't think that they have had any available in months. What are they waiting on?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4723 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  11:23 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got an email from the Mint about these coins, which surprised me since I figured they would have been sold out long ago. So, what the heck, I just ordered the $5 gold coin, the $1 silver coin and the $0.50 proof clad coin.

My only regret is that I was only 3 years old at the time of the moon landing and don't remember watching it on T.V.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Learn More...
United States
74970 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just got an email from the Mint about these coins, which surprised me since I figured they would have been sold out long ago. So, what the heck, I just ordered the $5 gold coin, the $1 silver coin and the $0.50 proof clad coin.
Very nice!

Quote:
My only regret is that I was only 3 years old at the time of the moon landing and don't remember watching it on T.V.
I was still in the womb.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4018 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was very young, but I remember watching the TV broadcast (as grainy as it was!). As were many kids my age, I was big into space at the time. I remember making many trips to the local Gulf gas station to get one of the paper models of the lunar module they offered. I played with them constantly.

Now I can buy commemorative coins from countries that helped with the broadcast. (I haven't, but I could! )

Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wasn't born until 1980 but I just happened to be in DC yesterday and saw a really awesome Apollo 11 presentation projected on the Washington monument. It was very powerful and moving.
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was two at the time. I don't recall other memories from that time at all. But I do remember my dad had the room in darkness with the curtains drawn for days as he watched it on and off. I remember he said to me, remember this it's history. Strangely, I did remember and it's probably my earliest memory.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4723 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I don't know if anybody has posted any pictures of these yet, but I just got my three coins in the mail:

Sorry for the reflections and glare. I've never tried photographing curved coins before.

(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Learn More...
United States
74970 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, I don't know if anybody has posted any pictures of these yet, but I just got my three coins in the mail:
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4723 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose I should have also ordered the proof dollar, the uncirculated half dollar and the 5 ounce puck, but I figured these three would provide a good representative sample for my collection.

Learn More...
United States
74970 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought the uncirculated dollar solo and the proof half dollar as port of the two coin set (with the Kennedy). I like the proof half so much I added a proof dollar later.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1393 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still have not received the replacement sleeve for the half dollar set. I saw that @bzookaj received some - has anyone else gotten theirs?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still have not received the replacement sleeve for the half dollar set. I saw that @bzookaj received some - has anyone else gotten theirs?

I received mine on June 7th.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1393 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm...
Page: of 58 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05