Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The 88 Days of US Type (Dansco 7070) Part V!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
United States
3118 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by USSID18
12/05/2018 7:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3062 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Wow, there are some great coins on this thread!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4547 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  06:24 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1857 Flying Eagle Cent:

[For all you cud lovers out there]

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizardnyc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Barryg, that's a beut!

Here's mine.

Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1858 Flying Eagle

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3133 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some fantastic coins being shown

Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
1205 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
3118 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
barryg, Wizardnyc, carwash, Steelers72, Oooo, very nice FE's guys!

barryg- Cud? Am I missing it? I see a nice die chip. In addition, your coin has such a strong strike and breast feathers but a weak strike or some struck through under the left wing. Interesting.

Here's mine.

Hmmm, for some reason I'm having trouble with my optimizer and making the images bigger. The width won't go past a certain number. Hmmmm, gotta play with it.
Edited by USSID18
12/06/2018 10:46 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3062 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7458 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
7379 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My FE cent is only a temporarily hole filler. I have plans for one in high VF and above.

Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3191 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 cent, 1858:

Pillar of the Community
United States
3118 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1 cent, 1858:

That's kinda strange how the fields on your Obv. are pretty beat up with hits and scratches but the eagle itself looks pretty well intact without any major hits.

Still a nice coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30268 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That does seem a bit odd, doesn't it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4547 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
barryg- Cud? Am I missing it? I see a nice die chip

I'm pretty sure that raised lump of metal smack dab in the middle of the obverse is a cud:

Quote:
A cud is a variation of a die defect in which the coin bears a raised portion of metal. Unlike a die crack, this unintentional "bump" in the coin is caused by a dent or gouge in the die, therefore allowing the coin to fill into the gap during the minting process.

I could certainly be wrong, though.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05