Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are Virtual Albums Available For NGC?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2018  08:24 am Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I asked this question in a software thread in the main forum a few days ago, but got no response, so I figured I'd try a new topic in the dedicated TPG forum.

I saw this functionality on PCGS where you can create virtual albums like the one shown here on the PCGS site. Or, alternatively, view it like this. I like that you could use the same coin to fill slots in multiple virtual albums as well. That's really slick and a beautiful way to view them IMO. I assume that the PCGS registry only allows you to enter PCGS slabbed coins.

Does NGC have the same type of capability? I've joined NGC, but haven't found the same functionality on their site. I know that they have registry sets, but I haven't seen any albums like the ones on PCGS.

Does anybody know of a non-tpg software program that gives this type of functionality? I would really like this type of functionality without the requirement for a single TPG's graded coins. I would like to use raw and slabbed coins to complete an album, because I can't ever envision having enough slabbed coins from a single company to complete a type set. At least not anytime soon.

I'm nearing the end of my CoinManage trial period, and I haven't seen anything slick like this for viewing albums in their software.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3537 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2018  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. What a cool idea. I especially liked the alternative way you had shown of showcasing your set. Super slick. I don't have an answer for you but did want to thank you for showing that this was an option.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2018  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chafemasterj Actually, that is not my set, but I agree it is very slick. This is a public Registry Set that someone has on PCGS. I would like to do the same, but I suspect with the TPG's, you can probably only showcase their slabs.

I am interested in some independent software that allows a similar functionality, but for raw and slabbed coins of your choice.

I think I found a similar functionality on NGC today. You just have to drill a bit deeper on NGC site vs PCGS to find it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05