Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Coin Or Medal Devoted To A Military Subject

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 446 / Views: 22,489Next Topic
Page: of 30
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  10:47 am  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck. That means a lot coming from you.

I posted the pic because that's the nicest one I've ever seen in person.

I don't get out much.
Edited by yellow88
05/06/2021 10:49 am
Learn More...
United States
100600 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not get out much lately myself.

Seeing all the new images as they come is a big help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed. I feel the same and imagine we aren't alone so hopefully there will be a pleasant upside for all to enjoy. A recent coin show I attended certainly attested to that being the case. Hopefully this very positive trend will continue unabated. ;-0
Learn More...
United States
100600 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am looking forward to a coin show this fall. My last one was the month before the world stopped turning (February 2020).
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17668 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2005-P (1945-) Canadian 5-Cent Victory VE-Day 60th Anniv Nickel Coin

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This 1813 one-penny token was issued by or for the Halesowen Workhouse in Shropshire. Listed in Davis as Shropshire 3, it is now identified as Withers 748.

Under the patriotic legend "God Save the King," this mounted dragoon (cavalryman) in full charge is a representation of the Royal Worcestershire Yeomanry, who were first raised in 1794 and served horsed in the Second Boer War and World War I before being converted to an anti-tank regiment of the Royal Artillery for duty in World War II.

"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Pillar of the Community
United States
909 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice token, daltonista! Thanks for the background info.
Pillar of the Community
United States
909 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1863 Civil War patriotic token featuring the ironclad warship USS Monitor (Fuld-240-337)

Learn More...
United States
100600 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1863 Civil War patriotic token featuring the ironclad warship USS Monitor (Fuld-240-337)
Very nice!
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
317 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wannabfree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Raid on Dieppe, France, on August 19, 1942, was a pivotal moment in the Second World War. With virtually all of continental Europe under German occupation, the Allied forces faced a well-entrenched enemy. Some method had to be found to create a foothold on the continent.
Operation Jubilee, or the Dieppe Raid was an Allied amphibious attack on this German-occupied port in Northern France in the Second World War. Over 6,050 infantry, predominantly Canadian, supported by a regiment of tanks, were put ashore from a naval force operating under protection of Royal Air Force fighters.
This 1945-2005 Silver 50 cent coin commemorates that event.

Learn More...
United States
100600 Posts
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:43 am  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not sure if this is okay in CCF, or if I'm even doing it correctly, but I thought I'd cross-post this very military item from the "Show Us Your Dragons" thread.

Nice dragon on this British medal commemorating victory in the First Nanking Opium War, which was waged from 1839 to 1842 to bully China into opening its markets and population to the importation of Indian-grown poppies and their addictive end product. As a consequence of its military loss, surrender, and treaty, China was forced to cede Hong Kong into the Empire and pay many millions of pounds in reparations and costs to the Crown.

The Latin legend on the reverse is "Armis Exposcere Pacem," which translates to "They demanded peace by force of arms."

This silver 37mm medal has been seen both with and without suspension and was probably a pattern ultimately rejected for its gratuitously humiliating depiction of the vanquished Chinese dragon.

Image cribbed from Heritage, where this example was hammered down in June 2017 at $26,290 including fees.
"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Learn More...
United States
100600 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought I'd cross-post this very military item from the "Show Us Your Dragons" thread.
Happens all the time, all good. Only rule is to upload images only once, which you did.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17668 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2020 (1945-) Canada
2 Dollars
End of the Second World War 75th Anniv/Victory Coloured Toonie Coin.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3015 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2016 Russia 5 Roubles.
This is one in a series of 5 roubles depicting capitals that were liberated by Soviet troops. This one is Tallinn and my favourite in the series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronz...r_of_Tallinn

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/in...w=&u=&g=&se=

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Page: of 30 Previous TopicReplies: 446 / Views: 22,489Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05