Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mint Set Prices In Krause

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
630 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  11:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
I occasionally like to dabble in world coins and was looking in the Standard Catalog of World Coins 1901-2000 17th edition at the values of Australian uncirculated sets and was surprised by the seemingly over inflated values. I know a price guide is just a guide ect, but I found it strange being so far off sales prices. Am I missing something here?
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I have found is most price guides are retail plus. You would be better off checking eBay sold prices. That will be closer to what the market will bear.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1216 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  05:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How often do the prices in Krause get updated?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3133 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What I have found is most price guides are retail plus. You would be better off checking eBay sold prices

Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2133 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes the prices are underinflated. I recall that the coin dealer Frank Robinson complained that some prices were well under wholesale. And let us not talk about the low prices for unobtainable coins.

The simple answer is that Krause is not a pricing authority.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05