Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Your Numismatic Goals For 2019?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
3710 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  7:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What Are Your Numismatic Goals For 2019?

Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm having fun with CRH so finding BU current coins is a good goal.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My resolution is to steal the 1849 Double Eagle from the Smithsonian.
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buy a Hand Full of the Apollo 11 Commemorative Coins on January 24,2019 to go along with the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Coins in my Collection
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goal is to incorporate this mess (last 3 years purchases) into my collection & do a complete inventory & maintain inventory as I purchase new items. (Last inventory done over 10 years ago & never maintained)

Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you're super picky or collecting a scarce series, it's pointless to have goals. You bid on what comes up for auction that meets your standards. I wish it was that easy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3810 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goal is to dig another seated silver. I have only one, quarter 1876.
A trime would be sweet too.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My goal is to incorporate this mess (last 3 years purchases) into my collection
Look at those Ikes!

Speaking of Ikes, my goal is to complete the 32 coin part of my PCGS Ike set and maybe get some of the extended set coins (1990, 2013, 2015). I made good progress in 2018 so I see no reason why this cannot be done other than finding what I want.

Long term plans are to complete the core Dansco albums. What remains are seven pricey holes in three albums. Since the ATB ends in 2021 I have set that as my personal deadline. Seven spendy coins over three years? I think I can, I think I can...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1891 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I am down to just collecting the Queen's Beasts 2 oz silver coins and the 1 oz Wedge Tailed Eagles. So getting whatever of those show up during 2019 is my goal. Good luck to others this next year in their goals!
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add maravedis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To track down more dated pre-1700 maravedis... and to obtain the obscure reference books on them from our friends in España.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8270 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To photograph my Jefferson nickels and sell many of the extras I have. Keep up with my set with any new ones.
Also update my Canadian and Australian 5 cent issues. Maybe find one or three of the numismatic medals I am still after.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1817 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Speaking of Ikes, my goal is to complete the 32 coin part of my PCGS Ike set and maybe get some of the extended set coins (1990, 2013, 2015).

I'm 8 coins into completing the same set myself but don't see it happening in 2019. Finding nice examples in the mid MS grades has proven much more difficult than I expected.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18739 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just have to find the one last Mercury dime with FSB to finish set #1.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Continue my 7070. Just finished up my small cents yesterday. Would like to get a Half Cent, half dime, and another large cent. Also acquire a 1937 Crown (British).
Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel (Buffalo/no date); Dime 1914; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (Great Britain)
Edited by hcmusicguy
12/12/2018 11:19 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  11:18 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to learn to grade more effectively, especially AU through high Mint State grades. I'm going to start with Morgans, since I have many that fall into this category. I need to be able to differentiate a weak strike MS coin from a high AU coin, and of course, differentiate (at least roughly) the higher grades. I just watched this video from PCGS, so that should help.

I find photograde to be pretty useful for circulated coins, but I haven't found it that helpful for the higher grades.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16016 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2018  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same as every year, to try to add at least one more variety to my early date large cent set. I need about 40 more, and I think if I am lucky I might be able to eventually get about 20 of them. Add a few more Unc commemorative dollars
Gary Schmidt
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05