Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Your Numismatic Goals For 2019?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lakeman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. I'm very new to coin collecting, so research and study has to be priority (grading, value, demand etc)
2. Stop buying so many coins from The Mint lol
3. Focus my collecting to pre 1900's Canadian Provincial Coins and Canadian Silver Dollars
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the beginning of the year I had 3 goals.
1) complete the LMC and LSC in BU. This was done in August.
2) complete the LWC set. I was trying for VF. I got VF/XF up til 1928 and BU from 1929 to 1959.
3) final goal was to complete the IHC set and I finished that one last week

Goal 4 was added after seeing Jbuck 7070 type set.
4) complete a 20th century type set in XF-BU, only have 1 coin not in BU. May skip this goal till 2020.

Since I finished these, my next goal is to complete the Peace in AU+, only 7 more coins to go :)

For 2020, I have 3 also

1) get a full box of ASE about 60 coins in total, I have 20 now.
2) complete the Mercury dime set
3) get my first gold coin
Edited by hfjacinto
10/08/2019 11:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16081 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Add a nice electrum hecte of Lesbos to my collection.
There are four examples for sale on the
VCOINS website.
Edited by sel_69l
10/09/2019 06:54 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13897 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Add a nice electrum hecte of Lesbos to my collection.

Quote:
3) get my first gold coin

Gold is addicting.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As stated on page one, my goal...

Quote:
...is to complete the 32 coin part of my PCGS Ike set and maybe get some of the extended set coins (1990, 2013, 2015). I made good progress in 2018 so I see no reason why this cannot be done other than finding what I want.
With under three months to go I am two Ikes short of the set, four if you count the two NGC slabs I need to replace with PCGS. Will be interesting to see how far I get.
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three months to go JBuck .... you can do it.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No pictures it didn't happen
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pictures are posted in the Ike thread as I get them.

Or you can look at My Eisenhower dollars via the link in my signature.
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pictures are posted in the Ike thread as I get them.

Or you can look at My Eisenhower dollars via the link in my signature.

JBuck, I knew you had a problem with Ike's but I didn't know how bad it is until now. You need professional help. I recommend you start by sending me all the silver Ike's.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2683 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I responded back at the beginning of the thread, but I have mostly focused this year on an OFEY for Kingdom of Poland in the 16th and 17th centuries (1507-1690).

I've done pretty well on the sixteenth century. At this point I am missing only one date for Sigismund I (1516), three dates for Sigismund II (1553,54,59), the tough interregnum year of 1573, and one date in the early years of Sigismund III (1590). Only two of them will require some patience, one I may never get.
I have a lot more holes in the 17thcentury, but, hey I need something to spend money on next year!

Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lakeman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gold is addicting.

It sure is. I started the year with 2 gold coins and now have 9. Looking back, that was not my goal for the year at all lol
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05