Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Your Numismatic Goals For 2019?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
2689 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Old gold is even more addicting ... I've not bought any this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1538 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd love to finish my Peace dollar set and reach some sense of closure with my Type set.

My next objectives (Indian quarter eagle set and Chinese pandas) are only getting started but I can see they're going to be slow.

My Peace set is still unfinished, missing 34-S and 35-S. I've been very (too?) selective, missed a few opportunities, and I've underbid more than once. My Type set is comfortably complete. I'm missing early copper (which is okay, I like other metals better) and early gold (out of my price range). There are a few early silver on my buy-list, if I can find a good price.

I did pick up some more Pandas and a couple of Indian quarter eagles. Those are taking priority while I look for the right coins to fill in the other sets, and the prices help me pace things out.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4531 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rest of the forum better hurry up, the year is almost over.
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Edited by USSID18
10/31/2019 12:28 am
Learn More...
United States
79239 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two Ikes down after the coin show this weekend. Two to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way to go JBuck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You go Jbuck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A quick update on the last 2 goals of completing MHD and Peace dollars. Only missing the 16-d (Go me !) and for the Peace dollars only missing the 1934 and 1934 D!
Learn More...
United States
79239 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both.

Quote:
A quick update on the last 2 goals of completing MHD and Peace dollars. Only missing the 16-d (Go me !) and for the Peace dollars only missing the 1934 and 1934 D!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another goal for 2019 completed. Only missing the Mercury dime 16-D

Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope to put a dent in my world coin list, complete the 1935-1946 page in my Lincoln Cent 7100 in BU, start my Jefferson nickel 7113, and get at least $5 face in 90% silver. GrapeCollects reminds me I should probably memorize the Cherrypicker's guide as well. Hoping to find some DDOs/DDRs next year too.

Also, maybe work up the courage to get metal detecting permissions.

I've failed

Other than a couple of nickels, I haven't had the time or money this year to do much. Something always comes up when I want to get back into it. So these are pretty much my 2020 goals now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4531 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2019  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto-

Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2433 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2019  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a world coin collector, I am aiming to collect as many different world coins as I can.
I usually aim to add about 1000 new coins each year. This year I am up to 1100 new coins
so far, so goal is achieved. :)

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
11/04/2019 06:57 am
Learn More...
United States
79239 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2019  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another goal for 2019 completed.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Only missing the Mercury dime 16-D
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Very nice set
Pillar of the Community
United States
4053 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto how many sets did you start and complete in 2019?

Nice Peace dollar set.
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05