Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Us Your Top 10 Coins Of 2018

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add museumguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Superb group of coins Bob. I'm jealous.

Steve S.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4319 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Steve. I'm a bit jealous every time I visit your Parthian gallery at Forum.

Quote:
8th coin down , is that a Prince B vant Haaff 20.1, 1-1A?

Good call, Paul, although it's a VH 20.1.1-1B (not A). The B's have Athena's head facing left on the reverse (like the one I included in my group here). By contrast the A's have her head facing right. Here's one I've got listed as an "A": http://www.forumancientcoins.com/ga...?pos=-140437
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4170 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't buying for most of the year and I don't tend to splash out, but I did get this nice Corinth Stater:

Seeing all the interesting eastern silver from everyone else almost tempts me to go after some in the new year, but I'll have to read up on the eastern empires a bit before deciding what direction to go in.
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlRashid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice purchases everyone! I really like your Parthians Bob I have got a similar Vologases III tetra recently too. Here is my 10 coins.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5660 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a busy year for me; it would take a while to sort out my favorite coins!

A few top contenders, in no particular order:

My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
United States
4319 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A few top contenders

!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4170 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an exceptional Marius - judging by its patina, it may have come from that hoard of Gallic empire coins - it's odd, I haven't seen a Marius from it before.
Valued Member
France
159 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Check ancient67's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ancient67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my top 10 of 2019.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4319 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an amazing group! That Akanthos coin is spectacular...truly stunning. Congrats!
Valued Member
France
159 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check ancient67's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ancient67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018!
Valued Member
France
159 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Check ancient67's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ancient67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Bob. Your group is wonderful too!
Learn More...
United States
22472 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is some group A67. beautiful coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1214 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some wonderful coins in these lists. Congrats to all on a great collecting year. Here is my top ten.

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Pillar of the Community
United States
4319 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff, Andrew. I predict that Orfew's Top 10 next year will consist of his top ten sets of the 12 Caesars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4319 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go ahead and add these since this is a direction I've moved towards in recent weeks and I anticipate getting much more seriously into in 2019. These weapons - large arrowheads along with spear tips and/or dagger blades - date to c. 1200 - 800 BC. Most would thus have been at least half a millennium old when Alexander the Great was born. These types of bronze weapons are typically listed as coming from Luristan - but that designation is, it seems, somewhat liberally used with such weaponry of the general region (west and central Asia). It's possible, therefore, that some don't hail from the Iranian plateau (Luristan-proper) but perhaps from surrounding regions. Fun new collecting area, with some serious heft and scale - the bottom blade here, for example, measures 13". Among those I'm currently eyeing is a sword blade that, should I get it, will dwarf this one.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05