Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finding An Ebay Listing: Seems Like It Should Be A Simple Task

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  04:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I can't figure out how to find a sold listing by item on ebay.

The item number is: 142847609356

Thanks

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Edited by MikeF
12/20/2018 04:44 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is all the data I get from PCGS:
1853 50C Arrows and Rays MS (PCGS# 6275)

eBay Sales 07/01/2018 ~ 07/07/2018

Auctioneer:
eBay

Lot Number:

Grade:
VF20

Price:
$85.00
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  04:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, apparently it magically works when I post it here. But when I post it on ebay via the following web page, I get 0 results found.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsea...sofindtype=4
Edited by MikeF
12/20/2018 04:46 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10502 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  04:50 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you figured it out!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks but NO I didn't figure it out. I figured out that if I post the item number here the link will go to the listing. But if I try to find it on my own via eBay's disorganized website, I'm SOL.

Why doesn't it work under ebay's advanced search option? https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsea...sofindtype=4
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpaceMaNy0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've noticed it takes a lot of digging on the app to get to what you want. I think I applied 4 or 5 filters. Its definitely harder than it used to be.
With all these Barbers around, you'd think I'd have shorter hair.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20272 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is hard, I manipulated the software here to help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7178 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  09:07 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby, good to know for the future.

Ironically, just bought this a few days ago. looks like it might have been a good deal.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't find it using eBay's search tool, either. It's a testament to Bobby's programming skills that a simple link on CCF works way better than eBay's own search engine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for doing this, Bobby! But doesn't it seem ridiculous that eBay's own 'search by item number' page doesn't work? I just tried it again. It's found here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsea...36ecffd4cf5b

For having the domain authority that ebay has, you would think their developers would take pride in making sure that simple search functions work. And this is a publically traded company. Unbelievable and very frustrating.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05