Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
United States
1551 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds. I found 4 road rashed LMC yesterday. And 28 cents on Friday. Today was a bust.
Pillar of the Community
United States
569 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it was a good night for hunting dollars last night, but I had a little help from the wind.

that was the first one. with the winds lately out of the N/NE I knew i'd have some stuff to investigate at my next stop.

this plaza's interior corner faces N/NE and is a search area. note the collection of debris against the red-painted curb. I kick thru all those accumulations of leaves & paper & stuff. sometimes there are stray dollars hidden within them.

i was eyeing that pile of accumulated stuff between the potted palm & newspaper box.

i had a peek around the backside of the planter...

seek & ye shall find, lol.. I also found a bicentennial quarter, haven't sat down to study it & get a pic (if nec) yet, tho..
Edited by MrPink2018
02/10/2020 06:12 am
Learn More...
United States
84228 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1551 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a great week, found 43 cents all week. Composed of a quarter, dime and 8 road rashed cents. Not a good week, no pictures hoping for a better next week.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6378 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't take a photo of it, but, bizarrely, I picked up a 2017-P Roosevelt dime yesterday - off the sidewalk in Hastings, Sussex, England!
Learn More...
United States
84228 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1551 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
América the country where the streets are paved with money :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
569 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
seems that way sometimes. like last night. I visited my favorite plaza because we had heavy N/NW winds yesterday. I've found numerous dollars here on windy nights.

i was walking my bike thru a leafy, trashy mini-cyclone and parked my bike because...

Pillar of the Community
United States
1551 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!! I think that's mine though. Please send it to me I'll pm you my address.
Learn More...
United States
84228 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
569 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it was a decent week for me for finding money.

two nights ago I scored a dollar bill:

the night before that I found sixty-five cents in a coin return on a soft drink vending machine:

last night I discovered the single biggest coin dump in my 2+ years of hunting:

the smaller pile at the top was the total find from my usual nightly route.. two quarters, nine dimes, five nickels and about thirty pennies. that larger pile is what I discovered en route to a plaza parking lot. this pile was scattered in the street, primarily in my lane, 3-4 car lengths. a lot of it was also under a couple parked vehicles. I didn't get a pic of it in the street, mostly because of the location. in the darkness, between where street lights illuminate the pavement, all I could see were hundreds of gleaming discs on the darkened street. I parked my bike, astonished, and began pickin, and quickly. I was in fear of someone spotting me fooling around near parked cars, didn't want to attract police or angry citizens, so I hustled. that huge lump of metal in my pocket made for difficult walking the rest of the night, bouncing off my thigh every time I took a step, so most of the rest of the night I was pedaling because of that.

i went back to that spot the next day and cleaned up another dollar plus, which brought my total haul that night to (roughly) $8.76, all coins. in that spot alone I found 5 quarters, 44 nickels (yes, 44), 14 dimes and 251 pennies. my math could be off a speck. looked to me like someone chucked a container of change from a moving vehicle right there, and I cleaned up every penny (i think). I had to get down on the pavement & shimmy on my belly under two different vehicles to get it all. lol...
Edited by MrPink2018
03/16/2020 12:05 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26022 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  07:04 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MrPink2018, fantastic haul! That's awesome!
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Machine Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Split Plate Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/357614
Pillar of the Community
United States
1551 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DANG! Impressive!!
Learn More...
United States
84228 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
569 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
finds like this one just boggle my mind. here we are facing all these threats in life & ppl are just chucking money like it's dirt. it's stunning. I'm not complaining, just thinking aloud. I'm a beneficiary of others' fiscal imprudence, so I have no complaint.
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05