Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 236 / Views: 12,568Next Topic
Page: of 16
Learn More...
United States
90087 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another 49 cents to the pile.

I just made a deposit today. $17 in total not bad for walking the dog.
Learn More...
United States
90087 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another 49 cents to the pile. I just made a deposit today. $17 in total not bad for walking the dog.
Well done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
683 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice little benefit: getting paid for walking your own dawg.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't find anywhere as much as Mr Pink, but today I rolled up $5 in dimes, $2 in Nickels and .50 cents in Cents. Not bad for walking the dog. I tend to find a little each day and it adds up. Some days are great like last week and some weeks are meh.. like this week.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My brother and I went for a walk downtown yesterday, another good day. Just this week I picked over $2 in change, found a $1 dollar bill and got 62 cents last night, with another 14 cents in the morning. So 76 cents yesterday. Its not a lot but I'm exercising so why not pick up change :)
Learn More...
United States
90087 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
683 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
see that? it's not just here that ppl are tossing their change, it goes on everywhere, all you have to do is watch for it, you hardly have to go out of your way to find any.

i feed street cats at night, so I'm all over the place, but I have a route that efficiently leads me thru a long line of parking lots, and I have learned to just watch the pavement where street lights are giving off a glare. I watch for gleaming disks on the pavements.

but I look for other things, too. wads of paper can sometimes be cash, though 99 times out of 100 it's a wad of dud scratch-off lottery tickets or some other discarded paper.

but last night I was just plain lucky. I found my usual handful of change, $1.34.. three quarters, three dimes, four nickels and nine pennies. some nights a little more, some nights a little less. I would have been satisfied with just the $1.34, but my luck must have kicked in last night.

i found a wad of $3 in a grocery store parking lot & the wind blew a $20 bill out from under a buttonwood hedge, in the middle of convenience store's large parking lot, right in front of me, good thing I was looking down or I would have missed it.

three dollars I found in a folded-up wad.

that twenty rolled out in front of me, I had to leap off my bike and stomp my foot down onto it cos it was fixin to blow across the parking lot.

it was pretty breezy last night due to the tropical system approaching the atlantic coast of florida, we had some weakened rain bands blow thru, just some sprinkles really, but accompanied by gustier winds, and I tend to find paper money on windy nights. I just know where to look & to be watchful on windy nights. sometimes paying attention pays off. it's just like those eight dollar bills I found last week. I very nearly completely overlooked them. had I not been looking at the ground I never would have seen them.

lol, finding stray cash is great. it's just as great as picking collectible coins from circulation.

the last time I found a twenty was almost two years ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woot woot!
Learn More...
United States
90087 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7486 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  07:55 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, on the sidewalk, the next street along from my house...
Learn More...
United States
90087 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yesterday, on the sidewalk, the next street along from my house...
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2020  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another 59 cents to add to the pile. There is also another dime in the mix hidden by the other coins.

I went for a walk early in the morning and found 10 cents,the more I walked the more I found. So 6.5 miles and 59 cents, came out to 9 cents per mile. Getting paid to exercise.
Edited by hfjacinto
08/16/2020 9:41 pm
Learn More...
United States
90087 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
683 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2020  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ NumisRob

that's awesome! it'd be nice to find one of those in a parking lot here, lol!

@ hfjacinto

excellent. I went for a coffee at about 5pm today, walked out of the coffee shop/convenience store and picked up a few pennies from the pavement. funny: I sell them back the same change I pick out of their parking lot. I guess some ppl couldn't care less about change or the change shortage, I still find pretty much the same amounts I was finding prior to covid.

last night I found an asian mystery coin, had no idea what it is, posted it in the world coins forum, got 1 reply (thank you, GrapeCollects) which kickstarted my brain, and I think I discovered it to be a Taiwanese 1 yuan. that'd be my first taiwanese coin find.
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 236 / Views: 12,568Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05