Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 257 / Views: 14,075Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7751 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another little 5p on the sidewalk - this one was dated 1990!
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another little 5p on the sidewalk - this one was dated 1990!
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2020  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here's a pic of that taiwan coin I found at a laundromat parking lot, I typically find non-US coins at laundry parking lots

and here's a dollar I found outside a gas station last night, near the gas pumps.. I pedaled past it twice & didn't see it, but saw it on my third pass

(...it never fails, every time I find paper currency I always think of that scene in the coen bros movie 'o brother, where art thou' where all those characters are in a car speeding away from having robbed a bank and one guy says to that gangster- as cash is flying around in the back seat & out the window- "friend, some of your folding-money's come unstuck..." LOL)
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2020  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and, as luck would have it, I was biking saturday midnight thru a large parking lot and saw it floating in the puddle I was going around

that's a dollar bill two nights straight, lol.. our wind has cranked up, we have a tropical storm about to buzz by to the south, so our winds are picking up well ahead of the storm, and I know when it's windy here ppl tend to lose control of their cash (see previous post), so I saw that dollar in the puddle partly folded over... and I laughed..

Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today was a good day. Same usual path but today I found 65 cents, 3 older books and 3 DVD's, 2 are still wrapped. I'll see if I can sell the DVD's for extra cash.

What I noticed is when I find a few cents, if I look around there is more money, like someone just threw it on the floor. Well if you don't want it, I'll take it
Edited by hfjacinto
09/02/2020 3:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
Valued Member
Australia
67 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was a young lad I was with my mother at the ATM on the main road. As we got back in to the car I could see 3 x $50 notes in the gutter right next to the rear passenger side door. I tried to tell my mother quietly and she's yelling "what? What? WHAT?" at me as I'm trying to be stealth. So, I just picked them up and brought them in to the car. Mum was shocked and Dad ended up using the money to pay for his golf membership...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It "surprises" me to see how much money people throw away. Another $1.16 to the pile. In 2 days I found $1.81 walking the dog. going the same path I always go, so the money wasn't there yesterday. Last month I deposited $17 in found money.
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mum was shocked and Dad ended up using the money to pay for his golf membership...
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  03:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ petef6365-

nice pick! well done!

@hf & everyone else-

I'm glad now that I'm not the only one seeing this. LOL... I could bore you all to death with pix of coins I snap when I think to, it's usually a shot of gleaming disks on dark pavement, I don't take pix of everything, just some, here's the last one I snapped, a few nights ago:

quarter, nickel, three zincolns, in the parking lot of a cheeseburger joint on the blvd that I was pedaling thru, I occasionally find coin there so I know to be lookin there when I roll in, and there it was again, someone might've just chucked their cheeseburger change as they were fishin their car keys out of their pocket as they're gettin ready to leave.. I'm just guessing, I have no idea why ppl throw it down.. ...but fine by me, if that's what they wanna do, great, i'll continue scooping it up, i'll certainly not ask questions or judge, far be it..

Pillar of the Community
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's crazy like Mr Pinks says, you can walk by the same places and find money. Yesterday was another 58 cents and then 12 cents today as I was getting bagels. It's not thousands but it adds up.

I wouldn't make it a job to just walk and pick up change but if I'm walking the dog and the money is there why not pick it up. I look for round circles and usually it's a coin. The Lincoln cents are easy when shiny but harder when they get road rashed.

Like I said before 'murica where the streets are paved with money, we'll change at least"
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2020  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, same places.. to illustrate:

two days/nights ago I went to get a coffee, was about 9/9:30pm, as I was walking to the convenience store from where I locked my bike I walked past two air-vac machines, and I always have a look at them as I walk by, I semi-frequently find change there, and I noted several/numerous pennies scattered on the pavement in front of the machine, which I came back to once I bought my coffee.. I picked all the coins off the pavement, and after being right there a few minutes I noticed more coins scattered in the stones around the air-vac, so I set about pickin thru the stones, didn't realize I was going to find so many coins or I would've snapped a pic first:

found a lot on the first pick, found a little more after more pickin, plus a unicorn head.. in all I found 60 pennies & 5 dimes, just at the air-vac, then I went out on my nightly cat-feedin route and found more

by the end of the night I had amassed $2.72

next night (last night) I was pedalin around a gas station near McD:

see the pavement where the glare of the lights is reflected? zooming in on that:

see all the coins? many, kind of drowned-out by the glare, but they're there:

i picked 31 pennies in that spot, one was a 1941 wheatie with severe road rash on the reverse (not pictured cos that is depressing)... what's interesting about this is on august 22 I picked a dollar from the very same spot. I posted it here, several posts back:

see the guard rail/post? same spot, same gas pump in the 31 pennies pic above.

later, I was rolling into a shopping center plaza and rolled right up to this:

joy, another stray dollar!

so, last night's haul was $2.80.. found $5+ over two nights, which is totally groovy... I sold the convenience store ten rolls of cents & one roll of dimes
last night, which they were glad to see, they'd been out of cents for days.. I gather it up out of their parking lots & sell it back to them.. knuckleheads toss their change & the process repeats, what a weird loop to get caught in.. lol...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha!! Don't tell them where you get the change!!
Learn More...
United States
92481 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

I wonder if someone dumped all their change looking for quarters to use in the vacuum.
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 257 / Views: 14,075Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05