Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 257 / Views: 13,999Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i found a pair of stray bucks last night, grabbed a pic of one of them:

the other pic (of the other buck) didn't turn out; I moved as I shot the pic & it blurred, but I still captured the buck. I snuck up on it as it was resting in the landscaping...

this area used to be a hotspot for stray bucks pre-covid. I didn't imagine they'd return, but looks like they have, so I'm glad I've remained vigilant.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2654 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Job!

Sadly, the pickings for me have been sad, I did $5.27 from selling the DVD and books I picked up a few weeks ago. Money isn't growing on the streets here, must be autumn, not a good growing season
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a pair of stray bucks last night, grabbed a pic of one of them:
Very nice!

Quote:
Money isn't growing on the streets here, must be autumn, not a good growing season
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1629 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of a sudden I am becoming a magnet for lost coins.

This is the most bizarre from last Thursday.

Start of my newspaper round at 3am and it was dark and wet. I found this glowing coin and picked it up not looking at it. Assumed it was a 20 cent piece as it was light and small.

Got home and it turned out to be ...

A very mangled Chinese 2 fen coin dated 1996. I am not even sure if its still valid now as 2 Fen is about 0.4 of a cent. The coin was curled over, dented and pitted and nearly flat thanks to it being made out of aluminium.

How it got here is easy, Auckland is full of Chinese and other Asian residents. Some 12% of our city's population is of Chinese origin and no doubt this coin piggybacked with one of them.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All of a sudden I am becoming a magnet for lost coins...
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2654 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's Spring in New Zealand, growing season for coins.
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's Spring in New Zealand, growing season for coins.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1629 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope so, sadly we still have this "Cash money is the plague" because of Covid 19.
New Zealand is the home of Eftpos, a free debit card system where you can buy anything on your bankcard (Debit) without using cash.
We also have a $200 Pay wave (Contactless credit card) limit and Apple Money is catching on.

However coins are emerging from hibernation, first the large and hardy 50 cent pieces, then the 20 and finally the bashful and small 10 cent coin. The dollars and doubles are more elusive, they are actually worth something - so often people will know if they go missing.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2654 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the coin growing season has stalled in the northern hemisphere, there have been days without finding anything. But last week, it got much better. It started with finding a 1969 D LMC (since I was born in 69, finding a birth year coin is always good). But then it got better found 44 cents a few days ago, 37 cents the next day. BUT yesterday was the best day $5.35.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7720 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  07:04 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto - that's a great find!

I've just been to the convenience store attached to my local gas station, and on the way out I saw three pennies lying around outside, so I picked them up! One was an AU 1999 specimen - it's actually not that unusual to find 1990s 1p and 2p coins in circulation with lots of lustre:

At least I saved them from getting run over. I daresay some people buy things for 99p or 1.99 and just toss the penny away!
Edited by NumisRob
11/16/2020 07:07 am
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
Valued Member
Australia
67 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another time, I was working at an outdoor event and had taken my EFTPOS card out of my wallet the night before. I had no lunch and no money... :( I was walking along the back fence of the event grounds and sitting in a puddle with dirt stuck to it was a $5 note.

I was able to get myself some greasy food and survived to tell the tale.
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was able to get myself some greasy food and survived to tell the tale.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2654 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisRob,

People in the UK are nicer to coins than in the US. Here we seem to run them over a lot and then people post about those road rashed coins on here expecting them to be mint damage. Must be a US thing
Pillar of the Community
United States
2654 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And here I thought the growing season was over. I found a virtual thanksgiving of money. There is a small commercial area nearby with a few food places nearby. Ever since I've been taking the dog there, I tend to find some small amount, today was $19.02. I doubt I'll get this good again, but hey you never know.

Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 257 / Views: 13,999Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05