Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 316 / Views: 16,555Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar of the Community
United States
3069 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a type 1 bison nickel
Edited by hfjacinto
12/31/2020 11:20 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
by the way, last night I captured a 500 zincoln note in the wild...

Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's a type 1 bison nickel

thank you, helder, for confirmation.

it's official. ppl have lost their marbles. I'm pickin type l bisons out of Kmart parking lot. unreal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3069 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woot Woot!!

It winter up here, coins aren't growing much sadly :(
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i also found a buck-sixty-three in assorted change, but that fiver stole the show..
Learn More...
United States
95916 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2203 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Delivering papers at 3/4am in the morning, means I get the roads largely to myself. However I make usual stops for deliveries. Christmas and January is summer holiday time here and some customers suspend their papers in this time, mean I may stop in different places like today.

I see this in my headlights, this is how hard it is to find the copper coloured 10 cent coin, the smallest and most worthless one. Can you find it?

There it is, probably been there a while judging by the damage!

Much easier to find the shinier 20c, 50c and hardly ever $1 and $2 as they are worth something!

It was a 2009 10 cent piece and quite worn and damaged, one for the change bowl rather than collection.

Forget where's Waldo, we have where's the worthless coin!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
01/11/2021 11:49 pm
Learn More...
United States
95916 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, the gleaming disk. coins have a very distinct light signature.

i find a good deal of those roadkills ...
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I havent found anything in a year now. I live in a major city and, unsurprisingly, foot traffic is way down lately. But I enjoy reading your stories here. Keep it up.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2203 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  03:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just can not stop finding coins.

Putting my groceries away yesterday in the car and I look down and what do I see.

Clue its on the White paint.

Big shiny 50 cent coin, I guess because it landed on the white paint, is why it was missed. Coins at the supermarket are rare now as paying with cash is rare in there and Covid 19 paranoia has made the staff in there make you look like an aberration from poorville or the 17th century now.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Learn More...
United States
95916 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2203 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread must be contagious. Putting out a bundle of papers on the sidewalk next to a supermarket at 4am and something dull gold catches my eye - A dollar coin, I just could not believe it, 2 coins in 36 hours!

Photos soon!
Learn More...
United States
95916 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i really don't understand what goes thru ppl's minds.

last night I plucked 2 SBAs from the decorative stones near a pair of air-vac machines behind a gas station.

i stooped to pick up the first one I saw, then as I was standing up I saw another, so I stooped for that one then searched the entire area for more, but only found those two.

i can just see it: someone was trying to use the air-vac, tried to put SBAs into a machine that only accepts quarters, discovered the SBAs wouldn't fit into the machine's coin slot & cast them away.

helpful hint: you can easily walk those dollar coins into the gas station and get the clerk to give you........

........8 quarters. duh

or throw them on the ground, fine by me. I enjoy picking up dollar coins so much more than zincolns. please throw more.
Page: of 22 Previous TopicReplies: 316 / Views: 16,555Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05