Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 495 / Views: 25,623Next Topic
Page: of 33
Pillar of the Community
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About 20 yrs ago when at work I was cleaning the parking lot at shift change I was dumping the trash cans into the dumpster and a bill was sticking out from under the edge of the dumpster box. When I picked it up it was a $100 bill.
I then asked all the workers on the shift at the time if anyone had lost any money today. They all said no. Well the next step was to wait and see how the shift money came out, even, over or short.
It turned out that the shift was about 5 dollars over so it was not shift money.

Well it was mine after that. Since that find I have only found a $20 bill near the dumpster.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
864 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2018  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
carwash, $120.00 to take the trash out sounds good..
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
864 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2018  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another one for ya. I peddled an ice cream bike as a teenager. A very drunk man wanted some treats for the kids at a party I happened to be going by. He bought a box of "spacecicles" . 24 at 50 cents each. Boy I hit the jackpot with that sale. He tipped me as well. Then walked away, tripped on the curb, smashed his face up and dropped the box of treats. I called his friends over. They told me to keep the box of ice cream! Back in the bike it went to be sold for extra $ for the arcade. I probably ate 1 or 2 as well. Growing boy and all..
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2019  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great stories, everyone. thanks for sharing!

i am working up to another installment to my starter story. I left out some details of my 'operation' that i'd like to share, and some more pix. I just moved, so am still settling into new digs, but i'll get to it eventually.
Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far this year I'm up 22 cents. Yooo Rock on
Learn More...
United States
103978 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great thread!! Glad I found it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will have to make an effort to remember any found money stories I have. But one comes to mind.

I was a young teenager at the mall, waiting for my ride which would be another hour. I was hungry. Only had a quarter. Walked into a 99 cent store and found a $1 bill on the ground.....problem solved!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4989 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  10:20 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was about 12 years old and we were at the circus. The porta-johns were across a crowded parking lot. I headed across alone to use one and while heading back amongst the crowd I look down and find a small wad of $84. MY small wad. I had inadvertently dropped it on my way to the bathroom and amazingly found it on my return trip.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1066 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finding coins on the ground isn't out of the ordinary but two particular instances do come to mind:

I feel I have a very sharp eye for coins. I was doing my usual walking around from the shop heading home, and in the dirt I found something that remotely resembled a circular item, like a coin. I picked it up. After rubbing away a bit of the dirt, I could see it was a 1968 silver 1 krona coin! You never know.

And this one, for a few weeks ago I was doing my christmas shopping and as I was walking over a pedestrian crossing I found a 2 coin. Bent down to pick it up, and then I spotted another as I looked up. And then another, and then two more on the pavement. Free 10 just lying there! Better yet, one was an almost uncirculated French 2017 cc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6090 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was a kid, I would check every coin return slot I could get to, and always snooped around cash registers and under magazine racks for wayward coins. I did find a fair amount, which was eventually enough for a toy. I still pick up change when I find it, and encourage my daughters to do the same!

I have very occasionally found bills on the ground, but my best was a wad of about $80 in a Walmart parking lot! Behind that, I once found a $20 on the ground at the neighborhood pool... not a soul in sight so into my bag it went!

I have found two silver quarters and about a fistful of foreign change in coinstars over the years... always fun!

And this isn't my story, but I used to follow a coinstar thread on another forum. One member I guess did maintenance on counting machines, and filled buckets upon buckets with rejected coins, mostly foreign coins that got jammed up in there. I believe the best he ever found was 2 gold Krugerrands from South Africa!
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9256 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few years ago I hired a car in Ireland. For some reason I put my hand down the pocket behind the driver's seat and felt something made of paper: I pulled out two English 10 notes! That's the most money I've ever found in one place.

On my current vacation to Australia and New Zealand I've found:

- an Australian dollar coin on the seat in a bus in Sydney
- an Australian 10c coin on the sidewalk in Sydney
- an Australian 10c coin in the coin return slot of a train ticket machine
- a New Zealand 20c coin on the ground in Thames, NZ
- $3.70 in New Zealand change down the side of a big squishy sofa in a hotel
- and... a NZ $10 bill blowing along the roadside in Paeroa, NZ
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1957. Disneyland. I'm 7 years old and I'm with my folks, annoying 4 year old brother and my female cousins visiting from New York who are my age. My folks stopped in Tomorrowland which at the time had a circular "cage" that was about 70 feet across and that they were using to put on demonstrations of people flying model planes around and around on a string as used to be popular. Being 7 and a lot closer to the ground than most, and having trouble seeing through the forest of legs I was looking down and what to my surprise----a $5 dollar bill! Being a Cub Scout at the time I started waving it around while exclaiming, "I found $5, did anyone lose $5." My mother's reaction was to grab me and tell me, "Quiet, it's your father's." $5 was like $50 back then and the most money I ever had up to that time. I took my brother and cousins to a nearby Disney souvenir shop and the money was quickly gone.
Another time, much more recently, I was swimming (standing actually) in the surf at Polo Beach in Maui when dollar bills started floating by. I think I grabbed almost $10 worth. I looked around and didn't see any other swimmers nearby. I guess it was my father's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
these stories of found money are great.

i find a little money every night that I go out to feed kitties. life moves quickly lately, so I'm lagging, but two windy nights ago I found a five dollar bill at Kmart plaza in a swirling eddy of leaves & trash. last night I found a dollar bill stuck to the top of a covered trash recepticle outside a bank.

i take pix of all the paper money I find. typically only find ones, but occasionally find a five. haven't found larger bills since halloween week. so last night I found $2.77, night before $6.75... my jar is about 3/4 full, and I approximate $36 in the jar.
Page: of 33 Previous TopicReplies: 495 / Views: 25,623Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05