Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 359 / Views: 18,428Next Topic
Page: of 24
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only money I've found in the last few days is this solitary 2015 British penny nestling in the snow. From the discoloration I think it had been there for some time!
Nicely spotted!
Pillar of the Community
United States
783 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks, NumisRob. if I had my way i'd be adopting those cats off the street instead of just bringing them food & love. it'll do for now.

just think of all the coins you'll find once the snow goes away. heeee, I haven't seen snow since 2010/11. no, I don't miss it. I like my life near the beach with cats & coins. I'm not sure I can think of anywhere else that i'd be able to do what I'm doing.

lotta cash to be found out there..

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SimpleLargeCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of great stories. Going to school doesn't give me much time to look for change, but I have found $0.85 in the past month. Several years back I was with my brother and parents near the edge of a closed quarry. We were reading the signs when my brother found $80 on the ground. It turned out to be my mother's, he just happened to find her money she dropped (before it blew off the edge). I coin roll hunt, so about a year ago I was dumping the pennies into the coinstar when I noticed there was a dime in the return slot. Picked it up and it happened to be a decently worn 1954 philly! I have also found goodies looking through my relatives'/friends' coin jars. 3 silver dimes, 1 silver quarter, several wheat pennies, and a 1955 philly semi-key nickel! I only had to pay for one of the coins, the 55 p (found it in my friend's jar so he made me pay for it of course). Dug finds: only 2 major ones to date. Many years back I would have fun digging with a shovel in my grandfather's backyard, one time I found a Presidential dollar and a 1970 something quarter. Looked like they were in the ground for the time my grandpa's been living at his house (30+ years). No metal detector needed! Another time while metal detecting in a public park, I heard a beep in the sand pit. A penny. Another beep. a dime! Ended up finding 8 dimes and 7 pennies before the madness ended. Meanwhile, the kids playing in the sand were staring at all the cash I was finding...
Pillar of the Community
United States
783 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
keep up the good work, SimpleLargeCents!

friends, coinheads & moneyfinders, as you read this new post, please keep this in mind:

on 12-29-20 (the night I posted my Buffalo nickel find) I posted
Quote:
I keep thinkin that one of these days i'll pick a W quarter from somewhere

and

on 6-24-20 I posted
Quote:
I'm waiting for the night I pick a W quarter off the ground somewhere, it could happen..
right here in this thread. I'm sure I posted that thought a couple other times, but those two quotes will do.

so... I had a banner night last night. I found $7.48 at an air-vac machine (27 quarters, 5 dimes, 2 nickels and 13 cents), plus $1.74 along the rest of my nightly route, for $9.22 total.

among the quarters at the air-vac was this:

2019-W Washington quarter, san antonio missions. there it is, friends. I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later. I picked a W quarter off the pavement near an air-vac machine behind a gas station last night. that's the 3rd W I've scored, this one in the wild (the previous two from circulation). amazingly, no road rash!!

in the same parking lot I picked up what I initially thought was a dime:

a slightly cruddy 2005 jamaican dollar, a seven-sided coin, nearly the same size as an american dime. a little road rash, but it hardly matters.

stay tuned, and stay vigilant. there is stuff to find everywhere.
Pillar of the Community
United States
783 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...hmm.... one of these days i'll be picking a stack of benjamins off the pavement.

(it's worth a try, isn't it? I talked a W quarter into manifesting itself for me onto the pavement, so I think a stack of benjamins is worth a shot)

Edited by MrPink2018
02/14/2021 6:42 pm
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
among the quarters at the air-vac was this:
Outstanding!

Quote:
...hmm.... one of these days i'll be picking a stack of benjamins off the pavement.
"The secret" (law of attraction) is pseudoscience humbug woo, but I guess you have nothing to lose from saying the words.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3292 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried "manifestation" on Saturday, at 11:11 I manifested that I would find $51 on our walk. Sadly in a double blind study (my daughter and I) found only 1 cent.
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
783 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
patience pays.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8344 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  04:42 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shopping in the supermarket yesterday, spotted this little fella on the floor just as I was leaving...

A bright shiny 2017 penny. Probably straight out of a mint bag of new coins in the till, dropped by a shopper as they left the store, or maybe just tossed away as something of no value...
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the stories!
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8344 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up a 2019 5p piece in the street today!

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up a 2019 5p piece in the street today!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
783 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NumisRob, you have a good eye for spottin' strays!

last night I managed to scratch up $1.74 in assorted change, to include two brand new zincolns. sadly, traffic got to them before I did.

Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 359 / Views: 18,428Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05