Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 381 / Views: 19,533Next Topic
Page: of 26
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
two nights ago I found the top four things that I find most often on my nightly adventure (not including cats). finding all four on the same night is a rare occasion:

coins, currency ($2.47 altogether), a lighter and a bottle of water, lol..
Pillar of the Community
United States
3396 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like usual Mr pink you rock!!

I found no money but I did find something I really needed. An unused roll of dog poopy bags! Totally better than money!

Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the ppl rock for leaving me all this keen stuff. I'm finding just as much change & bills now as I had been prior to covid. ppl are throwing away little bits of their stimulus. it's stimulating my street stimulus.

i find those, too, from time to time, helder. been a while since I last found 'em. at one point a couple years ago I had found & saved a brand new small doggie collar, a retractable leash and a poop bag dispenser w/full spool of bags that attached to the retractable leash. found all those things individually at different times in different places, held onto them for a while but eventually passed them on to a doggie-walker; I was waiting for the day when I thought I might find a dog, the only thing I lacked after having found all that doggie gear... but my cat karma likely prevented that...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3396 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like I've said M'urica where money (and poopy bags and wine and lighters and water bottles and snickers) grow on the streets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tonight it was paved with $1.84, lol... 5 quarters, 5 dimes & 9 cents.
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2493 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just reading this and realised I have not found a thing since that dollar back in January.

Blame Covid I guess, and its autumn here too with the arrival of the really cold weather now (I mean its only reaching like 22 degrees each day now (71) instead of 25!)
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3396 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just reading this and realised I have not found a thing since that dollar back in January.

Just wait a few more months till the growing season starts. They'll pop up everywhere.
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tonight it was paved with $2.56...

it was also paved with a coin from turkey, pretty sure that's the first turkish coin I've ever found:

Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another instance of someone tossing away cash & my finding it:

i was rolling slowly thru a parking lot last night (it was after midnight, so very early today) & spotted a zincoln, so I stopped, dismounted the bike & nabbed it. as I got on the bike and pushed off to get rolling again I saw another.

experience dictates that at this point I park the bike and examine the area a little more closely, which I did; if I find a couple coins in a dark spot, there could be more I'm not seeing.

sure enough, after I applied my cel phone utility light to the darkened area I began seeing gleaming disks under a bush:

the bush in question. see that one very bright dot under the bush? that's a coin gleaming in the darkness.

if you can zoom in on this pic or enlarge it, have a close look, there are coins scattered all around the base of that bush.

jackpot, baby!

so, I put my glasses on & got down on my hands & knees, then my belly, stuck my face down there and got to pickin. it occurred to me while I was down there that someone must've launched a handful (or cupful) of change from their car into that bush. as soon as I had that thought my eyes trained in on a coin resting in a crook of the inner branches of the bush, which confirmed my suspicion:

see that Lincoln cent resting on it's edge in there? good call. someone launched a bunch of change into the bush, nearly all of it rained down to the ground at the base of it. look at the lower left corner of the pic (your left), there's a quarter resting on edge on the ground. see it?

yep, I picked $3.38 from under that bush, added to the ninety-four cents I found along the rest of my route, I scored $4.32 last night. nice pickins! a serious handful of coin! it was like a minor payoff at a slot machine, lol....

Pillar of the Community
United States
3396 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
someone left me a tidy pile of ninety-two cents at an air-vac last night.. much appreciated, didn't have to pick it out from under a bush or out of the street....
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i captured another stray buck in the wild a couple nights ago..

Page: of 26 Previous TopicReplies: 381 / Views: 19,533Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05