Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 506 / Views: 26,637Next Topic
Page: of 34
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
last night's excursion was full of interesting stuff.

friends, I'm not kidding when I say people are throwing away their cash.

look closely at the garbage.

see the dollar?

i saved that wild buck from certain doom, had to be done.

i found $3.06 on the night, that buck plus an additional $2.06 in well-scattered change, including my first counterstamped coin:

counterstamped & drilled, lol..

the other single coin at the bottom of the found-money picture is a 1952-2002 Canadian cent that is very badly roadrashed on each side.

(additionally, one of the kitties I feed each night (kitty #3) is the 'daughter' of one of the other kitties I feed each night (kitty #2). kitty #3 gave birth back in march, I think, and the last few nights I've been getting my first look at those kittens, they are finally emerging (from the mangrove area I suspect they live in). I'm not sure how many there are, but it could be four or five.. I've been seeing scampering kittens when I roll up to feed mama kitty #3 )
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4229 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess P&J only lasted till 2021
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2769 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went running the other night. I was running thru a parking lot, when I saw a dollar bill on the ground. Without stopping (any other runners here? you get it.) I picked it up. TBH if I had known it was $1 I may have passed it up. But it was folded. So I couldn't see if any other bills were in the fold....
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess P&J only lasted till 2021

Quote:
I went running the other night. I was running thru a parking lot, when I saw a dollar bill on the ground. Without stopping (any other runners here? you get it.) I picked it up. TBH if I had known it was $1 I may have passed it up. But it was folded. So I couldn't see if any other bills were in the fold....
You win some, you win some less.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a few nights ago I scored a 1955-D LWC, picked off the ground somewhere, tho it has some road-rash on the reverse.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4229 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. Pink, I think that's an error, but your pictures are too clear, can you blurry it up a bit and post it in the error forums? Make sure only 1 coin per picture and the right side up and also crop the picture
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  03:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sure, I could do that. hmm..

that's a good idea for a new thread. everyone create an intentionally bad picture of a coin. post it along with a question so we can all laugh at it.

sorry, just musing in the early morning hours. I managed to score $1.26 in well-scattered change tonight.
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9363 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up a 1979 2p coin in the road on my walk to the shops this afternoon!
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
excellent pick, NumisRob! good eye. I think I managed to find $1.03 last night. I imagine i'll not be finding too much over the weekend in the run-up to that tropical thing coming our way. another unneeded, unwanted weather event... sigh....
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I imagine i'll not be finding too much over the weekend

......tho I could easily be wrong.

last night a kind soul left $1.82 for me to find at an air/vac:

the coins appeared to me at first glance to be all Lincoln cents, due to the glow of the red electrical signage nearby... turns out it was a bunch of dimes, nickels & zincolns. I found another ninety-one cents scattered along the rest of my route for a total of $2.73 on the night, which is great. interestingly, that particular air/vac had been out of order for weeks. it just recently was made operable. someone wasted no time in leaving a bunch of coins at the recently-fixed air/vac.

17 dimes, 9 nickels, 33 Lincolns and.... 1 quarter.

into the jar!
Edited by MrPink2018
07/03/2021 7:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
541 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
POTENTIAL FUTURE FIND: I know when I was a kid I put some sort of paper money in the pages of a book... and I don't recall ever going back for it! I wonder if that book is in the attic, or got tossed................
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that would be worth looking for. I hope you find that!
Page: of 34 Previous TopicReplies: 506 / Views: 26,637Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05