Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 482 / Views: 25,033Next Topic
Page: of 33
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It really is nuts how much money is just left everywhere. I just picked 59 cents but put it in the jar before I realized I didn't take a picture. One of the zincolns was a 2021. I haven't gotten a 2021 in change :(
Edited by hfjacinto
07/03/2021 10:00 pm
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up a 1979 2p coin in the road on my walk to the shops this afternoon!

Quote:
last night a kind soul left $1.82 for me to find at an air/vac:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recently I was walking around behind a sports stadium and caught a $1 flying around. Then found 1.26 in change near the trash can at McDonald's.
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found a dime today.

But it's from 1948.

Yep a silver dime.
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2945 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After months of nothing a double find this morning. 2 coins one after the other on the road.

First came the 20 cents on the road and it was quite shiny around 4am. Because of rain and a black top road it stood out in my headlights.

The bigger surprise was the $1 coin - very shiny and outside a new delivery spot - a welcome find.

Sadly both coins have some of the worst road rash I have ever seen! And both are basically UNC coins before the damage. I may keep these 2 from circulating any more.

Rust is common the cents coins as they are plated steel and as you all know, this can rust. Given it rains 80% of the time in winter, this coin may have only been out in the open for a few days. Dollars don't rust being aluminium brass.

Spring is coming on here, so expect more coins from me!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
08/06/2021 11:58 pm
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9195 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out for a walk today I found 50p!

Just a 1997, the most common date, but it's still money!
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2945 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky and only worth fractionally less than my road rash dollar!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a good few weeks, anywhere from 10 cents to 36 cents and today was $1.22 not bad for walking the dog
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2021  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's been a good few weeks, anywhere from 10 cents to 36 cents and today was $1.22 not bad for walking the dog
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9195 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2021  06:00 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is not a recent find but is certainly my most unusual coin find in a modern city street environment!

In 1976 I was studying French in Lyon in France. It was part of a course designed for foreign high school students to improve their French before going to University.

Lyon stands at the confluence of the Rhone and Saone rivers: the city centre occupies a triangular piece of land between the two rivers. On the North bank of the Saone is Fourviere Hill, dominated by a huge 19th-century basilica. There are also Roman ruins there and an interesting archaeological museum with some great Roman coins on display!

One day I was walking up the long, steep flight of stairs up the hill, when I saw a coin lying on the ground. I picked it up, and it was an 1855-A Napoleon III 5 centimes, a coin that had not been in circulation for over 50 years! It was crudely pierced:

I've always wondered what it was doing on a modern concrete flight of steps in the 1970s!

For many years I deliberately left this coin in my album and made no attempt to upgrade it. It was only three years ago that I purchased a job lot of coins and happened to find a better specimen - and my find of 1976 got consigned to the 'oddities' section!
Edited by NumisRob
08/22/2021 06:02 am
Page: of 33 Previous TopicReplies: 482 / Views: 25,033Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05