Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 279 / Views: 15,148Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
United States
4108 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you find that kind of money and keep good records, it's easier to file come tax time. Or, when converting the finds to precious metals, do you even have to bother?
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Learn More...
United States
94197 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
thanks, I will. I'm about halfway to the next coin, I think.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jlam79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a fantastic story! I would like to go with you!! I have found quite a few coins but nothing extroidinary. I always keep a look out. When I was 6 at Sonic I spotted a Five dollar bill, my mom got it. My wife found a 20 while mowing. I was walking and found a $100 bill. While driving I spotted money in a parking lot. It was a ten,a five, and three ones. Once my daughter stepped over a $ 10 in Walmart parking lot and I got it. Then once I found two gold rings at a pay phone.
Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... it's easier to file come tax time....

@fistfulladirt - Shhhhhhhhhh....! Don't give the IRS any ideas. They don't need to look in my cupboards, or my garage, or my attic....
Learn More...
United States
94197 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I found a Zincoln in the parking lot.

It is not amazing I found the cent, but that I finally noticed it after it had been tarred over! The lot was resealed last spring, so it has been stuck there that long waiting to be seen.

I did not keep it. It is still there, stuck to the asphalt.
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ jbuck-

lol! I discover those from time to time. I do not disturb them.

you made me remember: last summer I found an exceedingly rare half zincoln, little bit of road rash on it else i'd send it in for grading:

Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  05:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jlam79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did not know there were zincoln 1/2 cents Cool.
Learn More...
United States
94197 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
you made me remember: last summer I found an exceedingly rare half zincoln, little bit of road rash on it else i'd send it in for grading:
Poor guy!

Quote:
I did not know there were zincoln 1/2 cents Cool.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7921 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  05:24 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went on a bus in Houston, TX on February 3rd and found a couple of Zincolns on the floor. Saved one of them as it was a pristine 2018-D.
Learn More...
United States
94197 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Went on a bus in Houston, TX on February 3rd and found a couple of Zincolns on the floor. Saved one of them as it was a pristine 2018-D.
Wow! Saved just in time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
last night I scored a '48 wheatie off the ground near an air-vac machine at a gas station. found a british one pound coin and a mexican fifty peso coin near the pumps of the same gas station a week ago. also found a pair of argentine centavos in a publix parking lot recently.
Edited by MrPink2018
02/20/2019 6:13 pm
Learn More...
United States
94197 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i find a Lincoln wheatie on the ground about once a week. a few nights ago I found a '44-D.

..but here's why I always check at air/vac machines:

sometimes there's what I call a 'coin dump' in the parking area. here, someone has obviously dumped a handful of change onto the pavement from their car. that '44-D wheatie was amongst this $1.05 in cents, nickels & dimes.

and there's also this:

you have to look carefully everywhere.

some ppl leave their quarters behind.

Learn More...
United States
94197 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

I found a dollar coin at a self serve car wash once. Some of them accept the dollar coins, but this particular one does not and it was in the reject slot.
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The wife found 2 five dollar bills rolled up together in the super market lot.
Then found a 1 dollar bill and 45 cent later the same day.

I have found nothing including the coin star checks.
Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 279 / Views: 15,148Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05