Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 279 / Views: 15,149Next Topic
Page: of 19
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2019  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Remington1911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have pictures, but when I was in my early teens, I went to a Walmart game room, and found a $100 dollar bill laying by the claw machine.

Another occasion, I found an envelope in the same Walmart laying on top of the tubbed butter, my family was able to return it, to it owners that could verify the amount down to the penny.

The last time I was at a Target in the check out line, where I found a fifty dollar bill laying on the ground.

Now my wife and I have a 2 year old daughter, I pick up every coin I see for our daughters piggy bank.
Learn More...
United States
94221 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
last night I found a dollar outside the dollar-leaking building I mentioned in an earlier post. also found two wheaties, a '45-P & '58-D.

ipad is not letting me post a pic of that dollar...
Edited by MrPink2018
03/11/2019 9:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
94221 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3939 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When the snowpack melts in my dear city, it will expose all the coins that have been buried all winter. I would be afraid to put my hands in that filth, though.
Learn More...
United States
94221 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
found this two nights ago:

another dollar bill leaked out of the dollar bill-leaking building. I keep an eye on it. but tonight's find topped that buck:

found on the pavement somewhere on my travels late friday. a one hundred year old coin, S-mint. unbelievable, but true. I'm still shaking my head. a little road rash on the reverse, but look at that crisp date & mintmark. wow. it's a great filler cent for the album... if I had one...

also found this panama cent, 1983:

Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds MrPink2018!
Learn More...
United States
94221 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
always finding something out there.

two nights ago I was standing inside a gas station/convenience store paying for a coffee. standing at the counter waiting for my change, I examine the (pick a charity) clear plastic change collection box on the counter. on the very top of all the change in the box was a Buffalo nickel. I pleaded with the girl working to pop the box open & i'd buy the nickel from her, but she said she didn't have the key for it.

last night there was the same girl working there. the nickel was still in the box, but slightly covered over with other change.

tonight i'll see who's working. the usual people on the overnight shift know me & I know that each of those people can unlock the box. if I get the right person I might have a chance of liberating that nickel. the older lady (who I usually see working there late at night) and I have chatted once or twice about coins. she's the person I need to see.

i should have grabbed a pic of it. it looked to be in decent shape. I saw only the reverse, I noticed no mintmark, but the date is a mystery yet. i'll bet it's a '36 or '37.

developing....
Learn More...
United States
94221 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2019  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Long time no see. Its been a long time since I found any silver in the vending machines. Found this 1941-D Washington quarter today. It definitely shows its age. The best part is it filled a hole in my Whitman book.

Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2019  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find carwash!
Learn More...
United States
94221 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2019  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Long time no see. Its been a long time since I found any silver in the vending machines. Found this 1941-D Washington quarter today. It definitely shows its age. The best part is it filled a hole in my Whitman book.
Excellent!
Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 279 / Views: 15,149Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05