Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 238 / Views: 12,676Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's a great old quarter! good score!

update on the Buffalo nickel:

the lady who usually works night shift at the gas station where I spotted the Buffalo nickel was working that next night, so when I saw her I pointed out the nickel to her. she ended up retrieving it and taking it home. when I saw her next I asked her what the date was..... 1937. I guessed it right.

now it's her 'found money' story to tell, with an assist from me. always happy to help others score good stuff.
Edited by MrPink2018
04/04/2019 05:37 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MrPink2018, that's awesome! That's a pretty good ending.
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2019  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Errers and Varieties-

i concur. I didn't want the coin as much as I just wanted to know the date. I know that lady & I know she plucks old coin when she sees 'em.

well, I was rained out tonight, I had found only fourteen cents before the skies opened up after scarcely 45 minutes of being out & about.

i haven't found anything of note since the 1919-S wheatie. I should take a group picture of all the foreign coins I've found in recent months. I think I will. when I posted the panama cent pic with that '19-S wheatie I realized that I don't typically post my foreign coin scores, but I find plenty. I end up giving those to friends. my current roommate is the prime beneficiary of my foreign coin scores, lol.
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectionMaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One time while I was at school, I came across a table with a bunch of pennies strewn about it. There weren't too many, but I did end up with a tidy 70. I wonder why someone would throw away so many pennies and how they ended up with that many in the first place.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2019  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's weird. Not sure why someone would do that?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1686 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2019  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jfransch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love finding money. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I get really lucky! Found these two coins on a Florida dive trip. Spanish Pieces of Eight.
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jfransch, great finds!
Learn More...
United States
90286 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2019  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One time while I was at school, I came across a table with a bunch of pennies strewn about it. There weren't too many, but I did end up with a tidy 70. I wonder why someone would throw away so many pennies and how they ended up with that many in the first place.
Well done.

Quote:
I love finding money. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I get really lucky! Found these two coins on a Florida dive trip. Spanish Pieces of Eight.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
collectionmaster-

several nights ago, by the end of that particular evening I had found 50 Lincoln cents, most singly, but some in groups. I can think of a few instances in the past year where I've found exactly what you found.. I call them 'coin dumps'. someone just dumped a huge amount of change somewhere like what you had there. i'll have to check if I have any pix. I might.

Jfransch-

THAT is AWESOME. I don't find things in the water; things find me, so i, therefore, stay out of the water, lol... #129416;
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CollectionMaster-

i have a post from march 5 with a pic of a nice spill of coins in a parking lot. I happen upon those fairly frequently, but I don't photograph all of them. and there's a building on my cat feeding route that I have a look at each night because it tends to leak dollar bills from time to time. it leaked out two tonight. I also found 5 quarters, 7 dimes, 3 nickels and 21 Lincoln cents, one of them a '57 wheatie. i'll post that pic in a minute.
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
found on the ground somewhere tonight:

it's got a speck of road rash, but so what. I actually find a lot of wheaties on the ground, most of them are 50s & 40s, but I find much older ones, too. happy to find & retire every one of them.
Learn More...
United States
90286 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
found on the ground somewhere tonight:
Very nice!

Quote:
it's got a speck of road rash, but so what.
Truth.

Quote:
I actually find a lot of wheaties on the ground, most of them are 50s & 40s, but I find much older ones, too. happy to find & retire every one of them.
Well done.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds MrPink2018!
Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2019  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
love this thread! youre awesome MrPink! and one story that comes to mind is one day a few years back I was swimming in the Pacific with my sister. a particularly big wave knocks us down, and when we pop up from under the water, I notice a 5 dollar bill stuck to my sisters arm! She didnt even realize it! I told her she had money on her arm and she was able to pluck it off right before the next wave came slamming in
so, was this my find or hers? ahhaha
Learn More...
United States
90286 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2019  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a particularly big wave knocks us down, and when we pop up from under the water, I notice a 5 dollar bill stuck to my sisters arm!
Interesting find!
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 238 / Views: 12,676Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05