Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1962penny-

now that's some skill. very clever to use your sister as bait to attract jetsam sawbucks. well done! wish i'd have thought of that.. I go on solitary safari to capture dollars in the wild, like tonight.. see next post.
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i didn't find any old coins tonight, but I managed to photograph & capture another dollar in the wild:

Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I didn't find any old coins tonight, but I managed to photograph & capture another dollar in the wild:
Crikey! I heard feral dollars pack quite a wallop.
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, jbuck, they do, especially in packs of two or more.

i found this quarter in a parking lot the other night. 2015-P nebraska homestead Washington quarter, well-circulated:

I'm always on the lookout for the quarter varieties and I continue to find these interesting nebraska homestead doubled die varieties either in circulation or on the ground.. so, I studied this one and hopped over to wexler's, I discovered this:

i settled on the WDDR-028, there were three other candidates for this doubled die variety: the 002, 059 and 120, but none of those quite match the one I found, the 028 looks like the correct variety according to wexler's.
it's the most interesting thing I've found on the ground lately, aside from a few stray dollars. i'll have to locate all the stray dollar pix since may.
Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i found this quarter in a parking lot the other night. 2015-P nebraska homestead Washington quarter, well-circulated:
Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
welcomed a new member to my family of junk silver coins last night.. I picked this silver dime off the pavement, a '64-D:

that makes 2 silver roosevelts I've picked off the street this year. a speck of road rash & kosmic krud, but that hardly matters. into the bag with all the rest. great find.
Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
welcomed a new member to my family of junk silver coins last night.. I picked this silver dime off the pavement, a '64-D:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, and last night's picks were curious, too.

at an air-vac machine I spotted this chunk of (what I think is) rose quartz:

as I reached down to pick that stone, I spotted what ended up being exactly a dollar in change.. 8 dimes, 3 nickels & 5 cents.. I picked this up thinking it was an american quarter:

and one of those cents was this:

i ended up finding $2.25 in total last night, plus the extra goodies.
Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2019  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
four dollar bills caught in the wild between october 29 & dec 12:

three of them were found around the building that I found that occasionally leaks dollars, and the other one was just lying on the pavement at my feet as I was on my way to get a coffee & start my night.
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2019  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i captured two more stray dollar bills on consecutive nights this past week, snuck up on one of them in the dark...

Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

You were not combing an old BK parking lot on Marathon this weekend, were you?

If not, you have some competition in the Lower Keys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no, jbuck, I am confined to kw, lol. most of the stuff I find is in large parking lots, but I find it everywhere. I know there's competition, I see 'em every night, I'm sure they see me, but if there's competition I must say they are not paying very close attention.

three nights ago I found this:

saw it in the dark.

and I didn't know it til I returned home to empty my pockets, but I found this in taco bell parking lot (thought it was an american quarter when I picked it up, didn't examine it, just stuffed it into my pocket):

i'd never seen that reverse on a canadian quarter before.
Valued Member
United States
466 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy checking in on this thread once in awhile - amazing what you can find out there.

My searches have all dried up these last few months.

Fewer and fewer people paying cash every day and lots of competition from homeless folks in my big city neighborhood.

Oh, and I love the variety too - some silver, Canadian, Panamanian... etc.

Keep it up MrPink.
Edited by jeffbuckes
01/01/2020 09:25 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jeffbuckes-

i have no reason yet to not continue. stuff is easy enough to find, I find stuff every night. I only post the most interesting things. my roommate is the recipient of all the non-US stuff I find, she has a pile of coins that I've found. one night soon i'll round up all the non-US coins I've found in 2019 & get a group picture.

the homeless down here I can't explain. I imagine they mostly comb the downtown area for loose change. if I were homeless that's where i'd be looking, downtown near all the bars & tourist shops.

haven't found anything extremely valuable, but I find all kinds of stuff.. money, food, usable things.. and every once in a while a collectible coin or two.. keeps me out of trouble, provides me with good exercise (biking & walking), and most importantly I have a few stray cats I feed in between pickin. interestingly enough, they're all female.

Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05