Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1962penny-

now that's some skill. very clever to use your sister as bait to attract jetsam sawbucks. well done! wish i'd have thought of that.. I go on solitary safari to capture dollars in the wild, like tonight.. see next post.
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i didn't find any old coins tonight, but I managed to photograph & capture another dollar in the wild:

Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I didn't find any old coins tonight, but I managed to photograph & capture another dollar in the wild:
Crikey! I heard feral dollars pack quite a wallop.
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, jbuck, they do, especially in packs of two or more.

i found this quarter in a parking lot the other night. 2015-P nebraska homestead Washington quarter, well-circulated:

I'm always on the lookout for the quarter varieties and I continue to find these interesting nebraska homestead doubled die varieties either in circulation or on the ground.. so, I studied this one and hopped over to wexler's, I discovered this:

i settled on the WDDR-028, there were three other candidates for this doubled die variety: the 002, 059 and 120, but none of those quite match the one I found, the 028 looks like the correct variety according to wexler's.
it's the most interesting thing I've found on the ground lately, aside from a few stray dollars. i'll have to locate all the stray dollar pix since may.
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i found this quarter in a parking lot the other night. 2015-P nebraska homestead Washington quarter, well-circulated:
Nice find!
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
welcomed a new member to my family of junk silver coins last night.. I picked this silver dime off the pavement, a '64-D:

that makes 2 silver roosevelts I've picked off the street this year. a speck of road rash & kosmic krud, but that hardly matters. into the bag with all the rest. great find.
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
welcomed a new member to my family of junk silver coins last night.. I picked this silver dime off the pavement, a '64-D:
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, and last night's picks were curious, too.

at an air-vac machine I spotted this chunk of (what I think is) rose quartz:

as I reached down to pick that stone, I spotted what ended up being exactly a dollar in change.. 8 dimes, 3 nickels & 5 cents.. I picked this up thinking it was an american quarter:

and one of those cents was this:

i ended up finding $2.25 in total last night, plus the extra goodies.
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05