Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
537 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another dollar bill captured a few nights ago:

last night I found 4 quarters in a parking lot, all within a few feet of each other, so this was what I call a 'coin toss'.. someone tossed aside these four quarters:

a better look:

i'll be on dollar bill watch starting tmrw night when the winds start cranking out of the N/NW
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man I'm impressed with how much money you find. Key West streets are paved with money :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday it wasn't money, but I found 5 stamps while walking.
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yesterday it wasn't money, but I found 5 stamps while walking.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I practiced alchemy. I turned plastic to silver.

Monday's are out big garbage days when you can throw out an extra item along with your regular can. I was walking the dog ( like I do every day) 2 Sunday's prior. On my last mile I see 2 plastic wrapped models out for garbage, picking them up they were in like new condition and from the early 2000's. I decide to take them home. Going on EBay I see the helicopter sells for $20 and the Nimitz sells for $15. I decide to save them. Today I went to a local "adult" toy store (toys that we grew up with like model trains, Star Wars, race tracks, models and remote control cars). I show him the models and he gives me $29 for both. I stopped next door (which is a coin shop) and trade $22 for an 1988 ASE. Not bad I turned plastic into silver and $7
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
someone tossed aside these four quarters:

I saw that all the time while cleaning stores. People toss coins aside all the time. Money is money if you ask me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
537 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
stamps are just as good as money. I haven't found any stamps in a very long time.

but turning junk into silver is 'gold', so to speak. anything that can be squeezed for a few bucks & then turned into collectible metals is worth it to me.

i don't know why ppl (here) throw down so much money. it puzzles me on more than one level. I quit questioning it a while ago, now I just trundle along & scoop it up.

i get laughed at & called various things for it. I'm "weird" because I go out of my way to pick up change, but it's still our currency and it still has some value, so if ppl want to throw away their hard-earned cash, i'll be there to pick it up. I recognize that I can benefit from other ppl's wastefulness. what's truly weird is that some ppl have no qualms about wasting their lifetime, their energy, by throwing away what they obviously deem to be unimportant or insignificant. (i call that being ignorant about money, but I keep it to myself)

i don't care if they have stupid names for me, I grew up with it, was tempered by it, and now look: all those ppl who have those names for me are the same ppl who ignorantly throw down their money, which I find & save & turn into gold & silver, eventually. lol.. but somehow I'm the weirdo..

it also helps to feed the handful of street kitties I visit every night. I'm sure those kitties don't think of me as 'weird'..

there's a lot of money out there waiting to be found.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mrpink you inspire me!!

Sadly only found two road rashed LMC today! Looking forward to tomorrow!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today was a good day 93 cents.
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
537 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
excellent. throw it on the pile. there'll be more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
537 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
some things I've found recently.. first, some stray dollars

that one was trying to be camouflaged.

that one was in a shallow puddle & needed a bath once I got it home.

that one was one of two dollars I found together, the second pic blurred so I didn't include it.

there's a dollar in that parking space, almost on the white line. see it? I rolled up to a trash can to toss my coffee cup & spotted it.. shocked no one else saw it before me.

here's a crusty ten cent euro from france that I found in front of a laundromat:

here's a five centime from the swiss franc family, found just two nights ago in front of a different laundromat:

and here's a nicaraguan 1 cordoba I found last night in a large parking lot, badly needed a bath, so I cleaned it up to see it better, primarily because I couldn't really make out the design elements on the coin, then I had to investigate what I found. one cordoba is equivalent to about 3 US cents.. curious to me, the coin is the size of a US quarter, which is what I thought it was when I spotted it:

Edited by MrPink2018
02/09/2020 7:46 pm
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05