Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 United States Coins In Circulation.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15991 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2019  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As it is Jan. 1 2019 it is possible though unlikely that any will be gotten today.

Not possible as they would have to be distributed from a bank and the banks are closed Jan 1st. Jan 2nd is possible.

Quote:
Maybe we should turn this into a friendly competition...?

First post of a 2019 circulation find gets a prize? We could have prizes for each denomination...?

Go ahead, though some of us in the "new coin wastelands" know we won't have a chance. (So far I've seen half a dozen 2017 D cents, one 2017 P cent two 2017 D dimes, 1 2017 P dime, 1 2018 D cent and 2 2018 P cents. That's 13 new coins since 2016.)
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not possible as they would have to be distributed from a bank and the banks are closed Jan 1st. Jan 2nd is possible.

I don't know - the story I heard is that the US mints start pumping out coins in October of the year prior to the coin's date (ie: 2019 coins are minted as early as October 2018)... The link below says the Fed Reserve banks ship new and old coins simultaneously... I wonder if the new coins are ever released "early". I'm sure the gurus here will let us know!

https://www.treasury.gov/about/educ...ibution.aspx
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12003 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I went to my bank around the middle of January and was surprised that they had full unopened box of 2018-P Lincolns . I was foolish to only pick up 8 rolls ,when I went back three days later they were all gone .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Joe turbo, Of course you win a nice shiny 2018 Lincoln.
A 2018 Lincoln MKZ with a 3.0 L twin-turbo V6!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3323 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing yet
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck that's very generous of you. I was thinking much smaller prize.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha. Actually yes! My nickname is JoeTurbo because in high school I had a Jetta 1.8t and I was the jerk who got the license plate "JOETURBO" ever since that day it has forever become a nickname, that I've now just embraced 18 years later... even without a VW anymore lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Side note, I asked chase today when they expect new pennies. The teller told me they should be in next week. I don't really believe him, and I'll be out of town... but we will see!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10143 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am still trying to fill in a few holes from 2018!
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am still trying to fill in a few holes from 2018!
Same here. Denver issues. I just got a bag of change from the west coast family. Hopefully they will not be holes for long.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15991 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know - the story I heard is that the US mints start pumping out coins in October of the year prior to the coin's date (ie: 2019 coins are minted as early as October 2018)...

The law states that the coins must beat the date of the year in which they were struck. The mint DOES strike coins early in order to have a stock of new coins when the year changes. In order to be in compliance with the law they do not release the stockpiled coins until after the first of the year. There have been a few cases of coins getting out early but they are usually the result of a coin accidentally getting mixed in with coins of the current year. I can recall a case of a proof set that got shipped out early in error and back in 1999 a 2000 Sac dollar turned up in a bag of 1999 quarters. That one actually got slabbed with a date on the label before the end of 1999.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There have been a few cases of coins getting out early but

That was my point - they aren't supposed to release the coins until the new year... but accidents happen. I mean, just look at the coin that @joeturbo26 posted - that's an ugly 2019/8 overdate if ever I saw one, but there it is. Go figure.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
391 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  03:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flying_teapot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still nothing?
US coin collector from Russia
Come to see my collection http://goccf.com/t/309048
My wishlist and trade
http://goccf.com/t/311993
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10368 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2019  03:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I rarely get change, but it has happened several times since we turned to 2019 and no new coins as of yet.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05