Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 United States Coins In Circulation.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 26,796Next Topic
Page: of 22
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16665 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd say picking coins up from a local bank is getting them from circulation.

Yes the field employee got them from circulation, joeturbo didn't.

Quote:
It just means that his friend is the actual challenge winner.

Exactly.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, it might be different if said friend sells Joe a pencil for $0.04. He gives them a nickel and that cent is received as change.

Regardless, whoever gets a 2019 coin still has to come here and post photos of it to win the challenge. I do not think proxy image posts should count.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5276 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a lot of sharp eyed CCF members here looking at their pocket change every day.

If 2019 coins were actually in circulation they would be posted here within 24/48 hours of their release to circulation.

If 2019 circulation strike cents were available some bank employee would be posting rolls and boxes of them on eBay.

I personally don't believe any have been released by the Fed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
False alarm... ok I take the blame. They were "new pennies" as she asked the bank.... my haste made me look like an idiot lol. It was just a roll of cents... the search continues.
Pillar of the Community
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If history repeats itself for me, I will find my first 2019 coin around May 12th,..................2020.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5276 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Joeturbo26....No problem with the false alarm....it happens.

As far as 2019's go, I'm not expecting anything for circulation to show up either "in-hand" or "online" until at least mid-February.

The longer the current "guvment" shutdown lasts the longer it takes for stuff to move through the distribution pipeline.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10588 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  02:34 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing for me, yet. I have even used cash for purchases recently. Can you believe it?!
In Memory Of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
"Riders in the Sky"
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13631 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
False alarm... ok I take the blame. They were "new pennies" as she asked the bank.... my haste made me look like an idiot lol. It was just a roll of cents... the search continues

Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16665 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The longer the current "guvment" shutdown lasts the longer it takes for stuff to move through the distribution pipeline.

Except the mint isn't shut down, it's self funding. The Federal Reserve isn't shut down either. It's quasi-independent like the post office so the government shut down doesn't affect it. Nor are the banks or armored car services. The distribution pipeline is still up and operating.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing for me, yet. I have even used cash for purchases recently. Can you believe it?!
Yes.

I have actually been going out of my way to use cash lately just to get change.

Quote:
Except the mint isn't shut down, it's self funding. The Federal Reserve isn't shut down either. It's quasi-independent like the post office so the government shut down doesn't affect it. Nor are the banks or armored car services. The distribution pipeline is still up and operating.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16665 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the Numismatic press such as Coin World and Numismatic News typically wind up reporting the first new coin sightings in the third of fourth week of January.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...Coin World and Numismatic News typically wind up reporting the first new coin sightings in the third of fourth week of January.

True - and they get those reports from people like us, so keep checking your change and let's give the big boys something to write about!
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  04:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briarmentrout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"U.S. Mint officials are keeping a tight lid on details surrounding the bureau's plans to create a numismatic rarity to be released into general circulation in 2019....Ryder did not elaborate further about the circulating coin, concerning the denomination, composition, mintage or how the "rarity" would be introduced into general circulation."

Does anyone have any theories behind this rarity? I just discovered this article and got SOO excited!
Page: of 22 Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 26,796Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05