Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 United States Coins In Circulation.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 26,413Next Topic
Page: of 22
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13448 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does anyone have any theories behind this rarity? I just discovered this article and got SOO excited!

Maybe a new Dime design . The Roosevelt dime has been the same obverse and reverse since 1946 except for MM locations .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briarmentrout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be cool!! I heard some theories about "W" MM creeping in... like the 1996 dime... or a 20 yr anniversary appearance of the SBA... who know?! But I can't wait!
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably a snipe hunt.

Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Complete / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Complete / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 4 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 6 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16546 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe a new Dime design . The Roosevelt dime has been the same obverse and reverse since 1946 except for MM locations .

A new dime design would just be a new design not a "rarity".

The easiest thing they could get away with that wouldn't require congressional approval would simply be a low mintage issue of an S or W mintmarked coin. As to how to release them, strike them and ship half to Denver and half to Philadelphia and rig up a device to drop say one coin each minute into the conveyor of finished coins on their way to counting and bagging. That way no ballistic bag gets more than one or two of them, they then get shipped out and rolled and get widely disbursed.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a big fan of created modern rarities. The naturally-low mintages of 2009 are most interesting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A new dime design would just be a new design not a "rarity".

How about a design switch early on(intentionally)... now that would be interesting.
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Complete / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Complete / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 4 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 6 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2019  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does this count? LOL
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5190 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya think? Lol! Pretty coin though!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10573 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2019  02:20 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a snipe hunt.

Quote:

I think of this in two ways. Like DiMaggio's hitting streak or Ryan's strikeout record, the Roosevelt dime aims at history by bearing the same obverse & reverse design since its inception (73+ years). I don't dislike it. It is the only coin in my change that always looks the same and has since I started paying attention to coin design in childhood ( Kennedy halves have not changed in my lifetime, either, but I can count on one finger how many times I have received one in change, and even that was manipulated to receive the coin). That simple comfort counts for something, right?

On the other hand, I am afraid of what it would be replaced with. Is a front-facing FDR portrait in our future? I surely hope not!

As a side note: Only two current U.S. coins have the classic peace/power symbolism intact (not counting bullion coins). One is the Roosevelt dime with its oak branch and olive branch. The other is the Kennedy half with arrows and an olive branch being clutched by the eagle. Since the halves are not circulation coins anymore, only the dime still displays that on an everyday basis to many people. Just a thought.
In Memory Of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
"Riders in the Sky"
Edited by spruett001
01/18/2019 02:42 am
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2019  02:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briarmentrout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Joe turbo- how did you get that pretty thing?!? Didn't the'19 sets JUST release? super nice coin!

The Mint's website has pictures of the 2019 coins in the HB and Birth sets.... no obvious design change from what I can see... so back to the different MM theory!
Edited by briarmentrout
01/18/2019 03:06 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16546 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does this count? LOL

Only if you got it in pocket change.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does this count? LOL
It does if you spend it and then I find it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2019  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well... looks like they're circulating! Found this on eBay (not my listing)

Page: of 22 Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 26,413Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05