Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Congratulations Set

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So probably a packaging issue like the Innovation proof. It most likely will be back as backordered

Is this something new or has this always been an issue with the mint? I haven't been in this hobby very long. The AI dollars were the first ones I've ever seen go on back order and now this set.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11891 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked it's now on backorder, they were just trying to slow down the orders
Pillar of the Community
United States
2813 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Re-phoned the Mint. Sets WERE sold Today, They are now on back order...... Smells fishy........
Learn More...
United States
71069 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...they were just trying to slow down the orders
You may be right.

I do not know, but I am now a little worried about a smooth Apollo release.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9525 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do not know, but I am now a little worried about a smooth Apollo release.

Like the 25th Anniversary ASE set?!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3096 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps some commercial dealers were buying in huge quantities to they can be first to telemarket them and flooded the mint with sales.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11891 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Perhaps some commercial dealers were buying in huge quantities to they can be first to telemarket them and flooded the mint with sales.

You can pretty much bank on it that HSN is going to be selling a bunch of these
Pillar of the Community
United States
2813 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a call back from a " Supervisor ", Anyone call now call the Mint and order the set, Only it will be delivered in April..... Better then NOT getting a set, IMO, I can see HSN's Mike M now selling the entire first batch............
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May have created another market for those into the ER/FR labels with this set as well.
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has to be something more than just trying to calm the mass orders. Otherwise they wouldn't be on back order til April.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3096 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am pretty sure the telemarketers gobbled them up and they can say "so rare the mint sold out in x hours and now backordered".

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4606 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  07:25 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has to be something more than just trying to calm the mass orders. Otherwise they wouldn't be on back order til April.
Yup....packaging...like the Innovation proof. There will be plenty of both available eventually

Sounds like a new trend developing...so maybe a new label? "First Packaging"?
Learn More...
United States
71069 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Like the 25th Anniversary ASE set?!

Quote:
Sounds like a new trend developing...so maybe a new label? "First Packaging"?
Pillar of the Community
United States
925 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First week's reported sales were 17,452 vs 19,269 for all of 2018 (the Mint essentially quit selling the 2018 sets in June 2018).

The initial sales were more than double of last year's. So, it looks like the Mint just underestimated the initial demand.
Learn More...
United States
71069 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05