Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Spotted A Counterfeit 1846 Seated Liberty Dollar

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  04:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
But it seems like I don't have access anymore to the counterfeit reporting section. Either that or I just can't find it on the home page.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1846-Old-D...AOSwqKNcNpf7
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11200 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know much about Seated dollars , why do you say it's counterfeit ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
Canada
59 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gg_cu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That reverse with the motto was only introduced in 1865.
Learn More...
United States
21182 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to mention it's a CC...

I'll get it removed.
Learn More...
United States
21182 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's gone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another one. Rub patterns on the rims and denticals at 3-5 o-clock on both sides are not consistent with rub on the devices. That and it's coming from Indonesia. Pictures are not close-up enough to run anymore diagnostics. It should be noted that the only 58 sld is a proof which this seller did not identify as such.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1858-Seate...em4432e36e11
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Learn More...
United States
14113 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MikeF,
You should be able to post these to the eBay Counterfeit Reporting for all US Coins and Currency section.

EDIT - oops, I was looking at the list wrong.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy: I just clicked on your link and it says I don't have access. Nor could I find the section on the home page.
Learn More...
United States
14113 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok, guess that's a question for nss-52 then.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was confirmed that I was in after my request several months ago. And I have always seen the section on the new posts section. When I came across the first sld I couldn't find it. I haven't posted much over there so no way I violated any rules.
Learn More...
United States
21182 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cleaned out people that never posted, including MikeF. One thing I can't see is when someone was added to the forum or by whom. If you want back in, and will commit to posting counterfeits there on a regular basis, shoot me a PM.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent.
Learn More...
United States
21182 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't get it, try again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Copy of Email sent From Coin Community Forum to nss-52

Inbox

x

forums@coincommunity.com

Sun, Jan 13, 11:47 PM (3 days ago)

to me

Hello mikeF
This is a copy of the email you sent to nss-52:

Yes NSS, I will post more frequently in there now that I feel I have graduated to a Seated dollar expert and troll ebay more frequently for raw coins. I think I can help out a lot on slds.
Enjoy Coin Community? Please Consider Helping Out!
Email ID: ccfme21358963
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the private message system not working again? I use gmail if that helps.
Edited by MikeF
01/16/2019 01:14 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I just sent you another private message to see if the system is working. Please confirm if you receive it. Here is my copy.

Copy of Email sent From Coin Community Forum to nss-52

Inbox

x

forums@coincommunity.com

2:50 AM (0 minutes ago)

to me

Hello mikeF
This is a copy of the email you sent to nss-52:

test test is this working?
Enjoy Coin Community? Please Consider Helping Out!
Email ID: ccfme21358963
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05