Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1949 A To The Denticle VI Cent Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  1:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just went through a roll of 1949 cents. I picked out 2 of this variety.

So my question is this...does this variety even carry a premium? Looking at the Coins/Canada site I see higher values than what I see market value on ebay. I do know the the Canada website values are in Canadian dollars.

Thanks for any input.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[URL="https://imageshack.com/i/pn6N8oPVj][/URL]
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[URL="https://imageshack.com/i/plCmqUbjj][/URL]
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[URL="https://imageshack.com/i/poLVcGHbj][/URL]
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[URL="https://imageshack.com/i/pleaseQH8V2j][/URL]
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6826 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there is a premium for the A to Denticle.
Value of course depends on grade.
Notice you have two of them.
Nice finds.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4424 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice finds for an American, I only have one, see my avatar.
Where and how did you find them?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2019  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up a 15lb lot of foreign coins. The dealer added 22 rolls of George VI cents when I asked for any George V cents laying around. I had previously picked up a complete George V set (1920-1936) from him. I wanted more! So I ended up with solid rolls from 1940 to 1951. Only one roll of 49's. I wanted some 30's but no luck.

Anything else cool to look for?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6826 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have a roll of 1948 cents, there are three more varieties to look for.
The two that are the same as the 1949 plus an 'A' points to small Denticle.
This is the more valuable one.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1077 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2019  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found "4" of the 1948 variety too.

What is a reasonable price for these? I am consolidating my collection. These will go up for sale on here soon.

Thanks again.
Valued Member
Canada
311 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You won't get rich with circulated Geo VI cents. They are common and have been hoarded for more than 50 years ( I know because I'm one of the hoarders). I sell rolls (no damaged/corroded coins) for $2 Cdn, including both 1948's.
The 1949 A to denticle variety carries a premium because it is only on about 2% of the coins made. Your 2 coins look to be in VF+ condition. I have sold several of this grade on ebay for around $5.
For the 1948's, the A to and A off large denticle are closer to 50% each. The A to small denticle is harder to find than the other 2 but there is not much demand. I tried selling the 3 varieties (F and VF) together and had little interest and sold them for $3.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05